Requesting 3D modeler for old insperation to make suits/props.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kissker

Long story short, about 10 years ago I wanted to make some power armor from the Metroid series, but not Samus' suit, She is an athletic, attractive, slender female, and I am none of those. Lol.

Nintendo Power had a comic book for Super Metroid, and introduced a Quasi-romance influence (although the feelings were not mutual) of Houston Armstrong, a human in a bulky suit of blue power armor with "male" and "square like" builds.

This suit has been in dreams for.. years. It inspired me to create props in the first place (with a little support from Bioweapons.com and the fantastic Guyver suit) this fire burned on for years trying as hard as I could - before I knew what Pep was.

Now it dawns on me, pep could finish all those years of work, in a matter of weeks. I had bought a motorcycle helmet, 50lbs of clay, and began sculpting so many years ago, but the helmet was never completed. I also made a prop arm cannon out of PVC pipe, bondo, styrofoam and tap lights, but once again never completed, complications with the suit as well as money and life kept hitting me harder and harder. Supplies got too expensive, space got too congested. I then began sketching as a way to "keep interest" and fix any complications of strapping that may occur- before they occured, most of these were lost due to a massive car wreak (all my work spewed forth like a fountain, straight into the rain and wet grass) but I managed to keep a few sketches, and I could always begin sketching him again. These sketches would keep me busy in the times between able to clay sculpt, or buy supplies, or try another type of plastic, etc, and especially when money was tight.

Pepakura is the answer. Cheap supplies, paper, glue, resin. Faster construction (have you ever tried to symetrically match a helmet in clay? it's NOT easy, at least for me) and faster results.

First, I will get to the "work" of it all.
I need a 3d Modeler, you don't have to be professional, heck you don't even have to know what your doing really, as long as you can get some 3D files started and looking as much like the comic as possible, further tweaking will be done in post-pepping production (whew, a lot of P's there!) for details. really I'd just like a full suit I can scale to my size in Low or even Medium detail.

Here are the pictures of him all slammed into 1 picture for easy viewing, there's not much to work with, but this is both a Pro and a Con - Pro, you can make things not shown however you feel they "should" look, con - you can't just easily copy the design over, you have to use your imagination.

Remember the comic distorts things, so try to think what it would look like on a real human 6ft 2inches tall with a "larger than average" build. (That is how Houston is Potrayed, and coicidentally so am I)

This work will require a lot of imagination and a bit of talent.

HoustonArmstrong.png

And now, onto what I have done in the past, these items have since been disassembled (in the case of the helmet, the clay got so dusty and then damaged from random items I gave up on it) these are merely for fun and the cannon is NOT houstons, it's replicated off of Samus'
Arm Canon:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/kissker/Cosplay work/PICT0056.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/kissker/Cosplay work/PICT0055.jpg
1 computer fan wired to a switch and some 9v batteries keeps the hand cool, cuz PVC+styrofoam+bondo got way too hot to manage. There is a dow rod screwed into place for a handle so the hand can grip/turn, flex and hold it on with little effort.

Helmet:
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/kissker/Cosplay work/?action=view&current=PICT0052.jpg
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/kissker/Cosplay work/?action=view&current=PICT0053.jpg
This is actually covered in my closet right now. not much too it, lots of work left, but I think it shows how determined I was to have a suit, before I found out about pep, and before the world kicked me.

Well that's my deep story of how I really came to be into prop/costume building. If anyone can fullfill this request, all I can offer is my deepest thanks.

Even if you try, I will still greatly appreciate any effort you put into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back