Resin in other Words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SagittariusArt

Well, after a few Days of searching Resin, that the most People here use, i came to the Result that this Glue doesnt exist where i live, so...is Resin a english Term for the german "Polyesterharz"?

Sisko4 said:
Well, after a few Days of searching Resin, that the most People here use, i came to the Result that this Glue doesnt exist where i live, so...is Resin a english Term for the german "Polyesterharz"?

Polyesterharz = Polyester resin.
You right 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, got it, but this stinks really like the Tutorials here said....how long does it need to dry? I must let it stand out, at the Moment it has 9°C out there and on the Package doesnt stand at what Temp i can glue, it is already kinda hard, but a little sticky. The only Text that on the Package stand was the Safety-Instructions und the ETA until it gets his first hardness...

And when does the Stench fly away?

Takes 2-3 days in the cold, maybe a week if really cold. and 2-3 hours in the hot summer sun (or bake it right next to a portable heater in the garage)

The smell goes away after I'd say a week. If you bake it in the sun/heater, it will go away after 2-3 days after it hardens.

make sure you use a respirator so you dont inhale the fumes.

Hi, this seems like the right thread: (Thanks for letting me use your thread, didn't wanna start a new one)I'm new, And I live in germany. My Budged is about 270€ in Total (About 363 Dollars) And I just want to get the Terms right-
Ok I Already know

Polyesterharz = Polyester resin
Fiberglass = Fiberglasmatte
Plummer's Epoxy= Epoxidharz?
is there anything else I need to know so far for a relatively detailed armour and weapon?

Thanks so far :D

Oh Damn i forgot to look on the date. This thread is two n a half months old! im sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back