Resin Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

OK I have a simple question to ask you guys that have worked with resin in the cold before instead of using double the resin hardener and putting corn starch powder on it when it gets sticky, since it is 20 F outside, would I be able to use the normal amount of hardener without the resin hardening so I can use all of the resin on my parts and stick them all into my shed with a heater to heat up the pieces to where the resin will harden in the shed?

I've not worked with it in the cold myself, however this winter I had access to a heated workshop. Once resined, I just leave the pieces in there to cure. The temperature is pretty constant between 60 and 70 degrees.

Hello All,

I have used resin in 15 deg weather in in Michigan :rolleyes . It helps if the resin is at room temp, 70-75 deg before you start(it thickens as it cools). Then just use the normal amount of hardener, and put it in shed with the heater. It will take approximately 3-4 days to full cure, Do the outside first, let full cure, then do the inside and let it full cure. It helps if you keep the shed above 45 deg. :cool

Stilgar

Thanks Stilgar and MKS I just resined the thigh armor for my Mark VI now I just have to wait and see what the turnout is, part of the thigh came apart but I used a couple of clothespins to put it back together lets hope I'll be able to take them off now if all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back