Respirator help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'd advice reading all of the safety threads on the board and all the labels on the back of the products. You definitely need a respirator for resin and if you follow the MSDS you need one for bondo. I'd personally use a respirator for just about everything you use such as resin, fiberglass, bodyfiller, etc. Make sure to purchase a 3M respirator with organic vapor cartridges, and wear latex/vinyl gloves. If you need non-toxic resin I'd go for Smooth-on. Hope it helps.

-Jason

Hey, I'd advice reading all of the safety threads on the board and all the labels on the back of the products. You definitely need a respirator for resin and if you follow the MSDS you need one for bondo. I'd personally use a respirator for just about everything you use such as resin, fiberglass, bodyfiller, etc. Make sure to purchase a 3M respirator with organic vapor cartridges, and wear latex/vinyl gloves. If you need non-toxic resin I'd go for Smooth-on. Hope it helps.

-Jason

A really good Non-Toxic resin is Aqua Resin, it is water based, and you can use it for bondo too. Since it is a powder and a liquid, ytou can make it to a thick or runny consistency!

Correct, but auqua resin has become a hassle for many members on the board, because of having to seal the piece since it is in fact water based. I've also heard that it's roughly as strong paper mache, but I've never used it. Edit: Another upside to Smooth-on is that you do not require fiberglass, it's a liquid plastic.

Respirators are only $30, come with a cartridge, and will save you on medicine and years of your life. Plus, you don't have to deal with that awful smell all the time. You should also use it when sanding anything; those particles can be just as harmful to your lungs as the fumes from resin or bondo.

Use a respirator and work in a ventilated space , just as the package tells you ,

I started feeling dizzy after half an hour ....;)

I was working so hard that I forgot to wear the respirator....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back