Revised HALO 4 SCOUT Helmet (finshed casting pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icon Props

Member DIN
S007
I finished up one of my Halo 4 SCOUT castings to hang onto for my own collection & thought that I'd share some pictures of it.
The prep & finishing took place over 3 days.

Thanks
Jim McCrea
Stony Props Studios.

scc6.jpg

405-5.jpg

405-12.jpg

406-6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

405-2.jpg

405-3.jpg

405-4.jpg

405-7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

405-10.jpg

405-9.jpg

I wasn't a huge fan of the GEN2 MJOLNIR systems, but I was always a fan of the Scout variant, and they stayed pretty true to the original in H4.

It looks spectacular, though. Spectacular detail work, and the visor is fantastically realistic. Does the hex pattern mess with your vision any? And how did you get such, and I know this is an oxymoron, clean battle damage?

Excellent work! You're a big inspiration!

Just some constructive criticism if you don't mind. It looks like you black washed some of the battle damage? I know that would be some what realistic being as dirt would over time build up in the scrapes, but I think a even more realistic (and better looking) approach is to have them be a shiney mataliclicy look, to emphasize that it is indeed a metal helmet with a paint job.

Great job and keep it up!

Thanks, no black wash here. The scrapes & cuts are all done in chrome along with some of the outer accessories. The camera just doesn't pick it up very well. This pic of the noble 6 helmet I did at the same time is a bit better but the reflectiveness in the picture isn't doing it justice.
scr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

visor material https://www.etsy.com/listing/193364395/flexible-metallic-visor-material?

- - - Updated - - -

dremel dremel dremel.

Ah, I see! It looks really good! I can tell now that your camera had a low exposure setting, it's picking up more shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back