Rhinoc's H4 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobbatron

Hey guys!! I know that the last build i had posted kinda died...yeah the Maine is probably dead (on hold atm) and the ODST parts are up for sale, all the other things that were in that thread arent gonna be finished.

ANYWAY
This thread will see the end of this build i PROMISE 100%

So, for the past few weeks i've been working on a Halo 4 MC suit, worked for 3 or four days to get the chest plate (based on the pep file by kingrahl) to a stage at which it could have work done and this is what i got!!

photo1-2.jpg

Okay a little on the small side...and...crap side... but we can work with it right?

...............................WRONG!!!!

Decided to remake it, and when i say remake it i mean REMAKE IT, i took the pep file by Kingrahl and threw it in blender. I shredded this thing like crazy and remade so many aspects of it to my liking (and slightly based on bradinator and kill kill kill's builds) and i then made..THIS!!

Th...This!

...heh..one moment, need to talk to my pic man...

'Stephano! WHERE IS THE PICTURES?! .... I DONT CARE IF THEIR CELL PHONE PICS POST THEM!! ..... yes i will give you a cookie now just post the pics..."

Okay so honestly i try to entertain readers but moreover entertain myself when i read my thread :p that was the first thing to come to mind, anyway...Pics..

BAM!
photo2-2.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Newer pics (taken 10 minutes ago)
photo11.jpg

photo21.jpg

So, the piece that connects the ab plate and the chest was free hand, the whole underarmor back section was free hand, the cod was free hand. the butt plate was a pep file along with the ab plate.

Originally the biggest piece I had ever made was a cog chest plate from gears of war (which the full suit is up for sale in the classifieds) but this part has definitely surpassed it and it only took 4 days at this point (still need to add the other thruster and a few details and its done!)

Planning to get a hyper/blackula helmet (which pony if your reading this I still hate you :p jk bro but you know what i'm mad about) but i am just about completely out of cash, so i hate to plug my own stuff but please, please take a look at my classifieds thread here. Please. (and mods if you dont like me saying this i will take it out of this thread)

let me know what you guys thing and i'll post some more pics when the full chest is finished. next up i'm thinking shoulders. maybe thighs.

See ya next time guys.

EDIT: FILES USED (that are designed by me)

Cod

Gauntlet (has very little detail on purpose, detail can be added with a hot knife, xacto knife and a heatgun, or with the wonderful FOAMIEEEEEEESSSS!)

Shin

Handplate

Oh and then theres this thing
IDK what it is but a LOOOOOTTAAA people seem to want it! I'd suggest taking a peek!

Looks really good. Perfect sizing. I did notice in the pic with it sitting on the chair a couple of ruff spots where your knife was not sharp enough. A dull blade chews up the foam. If you want to save money on blades the dollar stores carry those cheep retractable knives...I use and xacto knife myself and keep a nail file handy to re-sharpen the blade. But lie I said great start keep up it up, can't wait to see this one finished. Are you trying to get it done for launch night?

I'm actually using a wood burning tool with a x-acto blade put on the tip instead. the blade is sharp and cuts the foam fine when its hot, but i cut those pieces when i, say, bumped the heat down by accident or was too anxious to let it heat up. i do plan on finding ways to fix these parts (easiest way so far... BURN EM! lol)

and yes i am planning on having it done by launch and at the pace i'm moving i'll have it done at least by october (fingers crossed)

seems smaller then others. of coarse, master chief is pretty big so the proportions should be right.

seems smaller then others. of coarse, master chief is pretty big so the proportions should be right.
I'd actually say that mine is probably the most proportional to the chief, while bradinator and kill kill kill (throwing those two out because they have the most popular builds) while their chest plates are amazing they are HUGE. I dunno i'm just having fun with this build

It looks like a great start Ben....keep up the good work buddy!!

-Matt
Hey thanks Matt! Always nice to hear some feedback from ya!

Bro, my feels have been saddend by you hate towards me....:'(

Anyways, armor is looking rad, bro!
Awwww Ponaaaayyyy you know i'mm just messin with ya! We're bros dude we're cool
I just dont like that you get a free helmet if you finish yours :p lol. BTW Hyper if you see this I'm not beggin for the same deal because i know if you give me one for free and pony one for free everyone is gonna come running for one.

Okay, so i'll probably have another update at the end of the day, or end of tomorrow if i get distracted by the spiderman video game (iiitttss awweeessooommmee) I'll probably only have the other thruster pack added though.

Thats all for now bro's
Byyhaheeeee!!

Nice work Ben! I just started my chest piece last week and I keep wanting to redo parts of it. I'll be watching this for sure!

I'M ALIVE!!!

Okay guys so, when your "up to date" thread is on the fifth page because it has had no one visit it for the past 2 months that means one of three things

1. Your done
2. You havent done anything
3. You are doing things but are too lazy to take pictures and post them

well i was #3, while this update isnt HUGE i do have some cool things to show, also, I am out of usable foam because i am working on two other suits (which only need painting now!!) and it has taken up most of my time

BUT THIS SUIT IS NOT DEAD

I have some stuff to show off to all of you

rgdOVl.jpg

The chest i am happy to say is done! chest, you made me so angry sometimes

d3zDGl.jpg

The second thruster has been added along with the spine (Awesome????)

Okay heres probably one of the big parts, my cod (HEY O!!)
So heres a comparison of old vs new

POXMJl.jpg

based this off a pepakura file i got from myself and i tried to make it as accurate as i could

Pk3zKl.jpg

got some of these hand plates done

That about does it...wait...whats this?? OH RIGHT THIS!!!!!!!

So awhile back i got this in the mail and i'm touchin it up currently

sDYl9l.jpg

PzGqnl.jpg

no biggy...what am i saying? OMG BLACKULA AND HYPER THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH
by far the coolest helmet i have ever owned

Thanks for stoping by everyone, leave a comment below about anything! Really means a lot.
See ya in two months again xD nahh i'm keepin this updated

bye now

EDIT: I just frickin realized the thrusters arent done, crap. CHEST HERE I COME AGAIN!!

EDIT2: i found a pic, this goes to show how much free hand is going into the chest peice,
heres a pic of the file..
ScreenShot2012-07-21at33957PM.png

Well...No one has posted a reply to this thread in 3 months except me so, just as i had feared, I'm going to most likely close the tread.
I have worked really hard on this guys and i just wish someone would say SOMETHING atleast. but alas, the thread is dead.

I'm gonna finish the build but as it seems that no one cares to look at it i probably wont post pictures. and when i do post a pic of the final product and someone asks "whyd you not make a thread" well thats because i did and it died like all my threads do.
I used to be on top, everyone knowin my name...guess thats gone...and i'm fine with that. 405th isnt what it used to be anyway.

I havent been having the best of days, been getting frustrated with a lot of things..I dont mean to sound sad and woe is me, but if i come across that way, sorry.

and for any noobs that come by and say things like "man up" or "take whats comin" go annoy someone else. i dont need it here i get it enough from others.

for the last time probably, and quite possibly announcing me resignation from the 405th,

--Ben, Rhinoc

Don't quit... everyone is just intimidated by your awesomness and afraid of saying something dumb ;) Your work is epic as always

Your work is great! I've only really been doing any reading for a couple weeks, so I never saw this one. Cheer up man, I haven't had a great day either, but this place, and building my first project actually ends up being a form of therapy for me.

The chest piece looks incredible, and seeing the model compared to your modified chest piece really shows your free-handing skills.

I just found your thread so I need you to hang in there people just get sef absorbed is all
And I must say with not may reference shots out there you have done a fantastic job
Build it and they WILL COME.....here we are

I'm sorry you're not receiving the traffic you want, but that shouldn't discourage your from building and posting still. You should be building and posting because you want t- if your goal is to get people to comment then I think you are motivated by the wrong factors. You shouldn't be fishing for compliments, that's for teenage girls on facebook.

Taking a look at your posting history of this thread I see this:

7/27/2012 (fisrt post)
7/28/2012
9/7/2012
10/2/2012 (your "final" post)

So my question to you would be: Where have you been?

In your own thread you have 1 or 2 posts a month.... If you want people to comment more, or improve your view counter, you need to post updates more frequently. You've been here longer that I have, so I'm sure you know how fast the forums move.

I also wouldn't start my thread listing all the projects that I quit or gave up on, because that might indicate that I have no intent to finish the one I'm posting about. In other words, I wouldn't shoot myself in the foot.

I would also suggest asking the community questions or opinions in your posts to stimulate conversation, not a post like "Hey I've been gone a month, here is a piece I built. Bye". That doesn't encourage people to comment.

My own build thread from last year has several instances of me posting seemingly to myself, but that didn't bother me because I could see by the view counter that people were looking at least, I don't think they need to be obligated to say something if they don't have anything to say.

Take a break if you need to, but with Halo 4 soon upon us I'm sure there will be a resurgence in activity here. It's ok to be burned out.

--------------------------

On a positive note, I wore my suit to Mid Ohio Comicon Saturday and it was a hit. The storm troopers from the 501st didn't seem to like me but who cares. Your files were much appreciated by adults and kids alike.

I'M ALIVE!!!

Okay guys so, when your "up to date" thread is on the fifth page because it has had no one visit it for the past 2 months that means one of three things

1. Your done
2. You havent done anything
3. You are doing things but are too lazy to take pictures and post them

well i was #3, while this update isnt HUGE i do have some cool things to show, also, I am out of usable foam because i am working on two other suits (which only need painting now!!) and it has taken up most of my time

BUT THIS SUIT IS NOT DEAD

I have some stuff to show off to all of you

rgdOVl.jpg

The chest i am happy to say is done! chest, you made me so angry sometimes

d3zDGl.jpg

The second thruster has been added along with the spine (Awesome????)

Okay heres probably one of the big parts, my cod (HEY O!!)
So heres a comparison of old vs new

POXMJl.jpg

based this off a pepakura file i got from myself and i tried to make it as accurate as i could

Pk3zKl.jpg

got some of these hand plates done

That about does it...wait...whats this?? OH RIGHT THIS!!!!!!!

So awhile back i got this in the mail and i'm touchin it up currently

sDYl9l.jpg

PzGqnl.jpg

no biggy...what am i saying? OMG BLACKULA AND HYPER THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH
by far the coolest helmet i have ever owned

Thanks for stoping by everyone, leave a comment below about anything! Really means a lot.
See ya in two months again xD nahh i'm keepin this updated

bye now

EDIT: I just frickin realized the thrusters arent done, crap. CHEST HERE I COME AGAIN!!

EDIT2: i found a pic, this goes to show how much free hand is going into the chest peice,
heres a pic of the file..
ScreenShot2012-07-21at33957PM.png

Just a quick question, where did you find that file? There's a fully-detailed Pep-friendly model over at the Halo 4 model thread, and this one seems like it's best used for template work.

I really like your build personally but as far as people posting comments every time they see your work...it's probably just not going to happen. We all get busy and are sometimes on for long just to take a look at a quick pic or two. Doesn't mean we didn't like your work, just didn't have the time to stop and post. Keep on building and posting man. You've had 628 views for just two pages worth of thread. That's not bad. People are watching and are liking for sure. Besides, it's not our liking that counts, it's yours! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back