• Right here... right now

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Later... when the flashlight is done

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobbatron

It's pretty obvious what it is... but first to guess gets a... not a cookie... but a DRAGON!!!!! lolziez
Picture2-1.png

Again it is very obvious... but when it is released it will be the most HD file so far.

HINT: It is going to help female members!

white-dragon.jpg

"RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!" The Dragon roared
"STUPID DRAGON!!! I SAID STAND AT ATTENTION, DAMN IT!!" LT Ty yelled!
"Wha..." the dragon groaned.

Congratulations LT, you have won the white dragon! I am making the Kat helmet and it will be as HD as I can make it.

Remember this very important thing, he likes to eat pork and goblin fat... he likes to drink mead and wale blood (be careful not to get it from the gulf of mexico, them wales ams messed ups!) Good luck keeping him tamed, and dont take him on walks, he'll either fly away or eat a pedestrian.

@Spartan 051- no they are quads! the render and the position of the light makes it look like tris!
Like everyone knows, in every square there is two triangles!
Picture3-1.png

theres a pic anyway. As you can see, no triangles!!

Is it goin' to be colored like the one in your avatar? It could help with the sigma concept art, due to kats helm being very similar to the H2 odst helm....

there is a 99% chance of it being colored! The released pep file will probably not be colored, but then I will release a .3ds of it colored. Thanks for asking!

still a mess :/ try doing this.
dodontscr8.jpg

Cous you got alot of verts that are there for nothing... its a pain if you were to need to edit it afterwards and it keeps things pepable...

@rundown- Actually most of those verts are necessary, they give the helmet and visor the proper curve and geometry.
Also... I'm sorry... but it seems that all you do is dis on my work! everyone has there own way of modeling, I'm trying really hard on this one and I get sad when people tell me my work is a mess (people seeming to only be you.) I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but from you I have never gotten good feedback on my models! Please understand... rundown I think your awesome, but with modeling, I'm doing it my way.

Nice start on this so far! If you need any additional reference let me know, I took a whole bunch of screenshots of Kat's helmet in the Beta.

And please add a full title to the topic, since it's no longer a secret and Secret Projects are frowned upon anyway...

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I've only been able to find front views and angled views, I could really use more reference!

About the title, I've been meaning to get to that. Each time I come in, say "time to change title!" then i see a new post, write a reply, go back to the forum main page. I suffer from ADD so I have a hard time sticking to thoughts when I try!

I tried to change teh title but I couldn't. I could change the post title, not the thread title! I'll try somethin else.

OK I cant figure it out! could someone help me? It was so much easier before the move, the new forum is confusing.

Rinoc! oh my god, im super in love right now, if you make this super hd i will be so happy! i really need to save time on my bondo work.

are you planning on doing the rest of kats armour? as ive noticed there are a few differences..

nat

Yes I do plan to make all of Kats armor! Well... I'm going to edit male parts to make them for female spartans, i.e. thinner chest piece, thinner cod with some changes to it, thinner thigh etc...
I will also model her shoulders and probably the robotic arm, making it so it will fit over an arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back