Rocketeer's MK VI Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketeer

Hey Guys! I'm new to the forum (fist thread) but somewhat experienced in prop making (mainly theater props and a few helmets here and there.) I started a MK VI helmet- with intention to build an entire suit- at the butt end of last summer, but then college started and I realistically couldn't bring my tools and half completed helmet (the only piece I really got around to working on) into the dorm (apparently they frown on Bondust/ Fiberdust everywhere...) Fortunately for me, I'm living with a couple friends this summer- and they don't care! (As long as I clean the house, make dinner, and clean up my mess, and make them cool things.)
But I digress. Anyway, My helmet only got about halfway done before I went to school, so there aren't many pictures.
I should be able to start work on it pretty soon (got a job, a house to build at, and spring break coming up) but unfortunately updates are gonna be sparse for a while.
Aside from the regular stuff (Bondo, fiberglass, etc.) I'm also using
A Silhouette SD to cut out the pep files,
Smooth Cast 300 for strength,
and hot glue to fix the cardstock together (one really cool glue I found is called 'Zag two way glue' it's a glue pen that either you glue two pieces together, or you let the glue dry on the paaper and it acts like the back of a Post- it)

Some of the mods I'm integrating into it include:
Radio comms,
Compact computer running voice- activated software that controls peripherals,
A monocular HUD inside the helmet,
Fans (I may even use a peltier cooling system)
Flat cell LiPo batteries housed in the breastplate,
And, of course, effects (LED's, EL wire, and perhaps a back- centered speaker? Just imagine: Master Chief strutting his stuff down the sidewalk with "Superstition" blaring in the background.)

If you see anything that you like/ don't like/ hate/ love/ think I should be executed for, I appreciate all comments. :cool

And without further ado:

Here's one of the pep with slush casted Smooth Cast 300
6940619165_997e5e01da_b.jpg

Smooth Cast, fiberglass, resin, and a little bondo :)
6794505694_b3b015a3fc_b.jpg

Side view!
6794505728_8baf553a73_b.jpg

Again, please tell me what you think about it :) Maybe have more up soon!
Goodnight!

Rocketeer here!
So I made a test arm piece last night, but I think that it's a little short and fat for my arm.
The dimensions right now are 290mm long x 146mm wide x 137mm deep. I kinda want to make it a little longer and slim it down- as it is it seems a little fat. Opinions?

Test forearm- top view
6810770278_a18f6ffbeb_b.jpg

I've decided that I need to make a larger helmet as well... It's really hard to get it on my head with ears ;)
Here's a little picture that I lightened and drew over to draw out some of the electronics and whatnot. Here that is:
6956951021_4d7bafdb61_z.jpg

*edit* base image credit WolfGomez */edit*
Anyways... I'll keep posting updates.
Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back