Props Rocketlauncher

Status
Not open for further replies.
the little man in the picture is facing the wrong way on the rocket launcher thats why

Nugget said:
Looks correct to me. He's facing the front, where the trigger is.

He's holding it on his left shoulder, with his right hand on the trigger. That's not how anyone in the game holds it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So? That doesn't mean Bungie messed up. Would you really like to see a body with a rocket launcher as a head? Because if it were on the normal in-game side, it'd cover up his head.

Nugget said:
So? That doesn't mean Bungie messed up. Would you really like to see a body with a rocket launcher as a head? Because if it were on the normal in-game side, it'd cover up his head.

He could hold it in the opposite direction. Or on the other side of the Rocket Launcher.

Adding decal with inscription "SPNKr" to the barrel was really dance and sex simultaneously. Ugh.
2420806952_7039dd7ee1_o.jpg

I was compelled to create separate curved part and then to add it to the assembly.
2419992341_b6defbbc30_o.jpg

Update: Letters are done! How I hate to build splines!
2420912062_18b3e20453_o.jpg

Last update for today: more details
2420379105_972601d06b_o.jpg

Holy crap.

Well done. Do you plan on making a real, physically holdable replica of it (Sorry if you've said yes or no already, didn't pay attention much, pictures were very distracting)?

Hmm, 3D printing maybe, and then the lost wax method. Follow up with casting the final piece? Although that could be expensive. And time consuming. But it'd look pretty good too.

Would 3D printing work? I don't think you could make the thing print the barrels just like that, unless you printed each seperate part so that it wouldn't have to print something in midair.

Instead of drawing the decals by hand, you could rip them from the Halo 1 texture. They're pretty much the same. Maybe.

THIS IS SO COOL! I love your models.

Oh, and the Hold Like This thing, I'm pretty sure the guy's holding it wrong so his head isn't cut off by the launcher.

I couldn't find anywhere if you mentioned what program you are using..
Looks like NURBS modeling :D

LastSpartan said:
Think it's called SolidWorks.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes that's correct.

It's a parametric solid modeling program, as far as it using NURBS(?), I'm not sure.

It's been asked several times, and I'd like to ask you again, because I don't see an answer.

Is there any intention of making this a physical object, or is it merely intended to be a 3d drawing?

Deadguy said:
It's been asked several times, and I'd like to ask you again, because I don't see an answer.

Is there any intention of making this a physical object, or is it merely intended to be a 3d drawing?
You might want to clarify that a little as someone could make a physical model using the drawings. Do you mean making it with the actually 3D data that he's putting into this like Legendary did with their helmet?

it certainly aint gonna be a pep file, thats for dam sure :p
Its like with the MA5 he made- its as a blueprint or CAD file, so you can make it, but a SPNKr is pretty impractical.

I guess i cant speak for Bevbor, but i think he intends to publish this for a reality, Deadguy.

For the record, I'm just asking because I couldn't tell if this was a WIP for an entire Rocket Launcher prop, or a WIP for a model file. My question was on-topic, but my reasons aren't..

It's an organizing question. It currently belongs here either way, but I'm trying to do some behind-the-scenes for future consideration. It might be useful to have a separate forum for models and stuff versus actual props, but to make that kind of decision, I need more data to discover how many threads there are on this kind of thing.

I didn't intend to change the topic in here, so if anyone want's to talk about it further, I welcome all PM's. (I may not check back in here for further discussions on it until much later.. so don't bother replying in here.)

Please stay on topic.. :) pretend I'm not here.

I gotta' say though.. it's a great model so far.. I wish I had those skills.

It's really good stuff you've got there. I like the views with components isolated.. that's extremely useful, and makes it "real" for me.

Like, just the barrel.. what does it scale too, etc.. that's really cool.

I've been doing AutoCAD since I was 15 (and I'm 36).. I never really got into the "for fun" aspects of it.. I wonder if I should try my hand at doing this kinda' thing too. It's inspiring.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back