RROD

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT happened. After going through 1 xbox, my 2nd one RROD 3 months later.
I made a pretty pic to show: [attachment=2613:RROD.jpg]

Spartan 169 said:
Our Halo 3 disc cracked off for the second time ;_;

Ouch, I still have mine, but its a little scratchy. When I rented call of duty 4, it was scratched to hell, so I had to clean it. I put it in and my 360 made this loud fan noise, like it was being overworked *louder then usual*. I think COD4 was the cause of this. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 169 said:
Our Halo 3 disc cracked off for the second time ;_;
noohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
everyones stuff is breaking!!!!
i blame adreniline

if u still have warrenty then call for support, if not, then go to llamma.com forums and go to general diagnostics, theres lots of people there tp help, you'll probabaly have to do the x-clamp fix or penny fix, just google em

I heard that if you wrap it in towels blocking the vents and turn it on and let it overheat. Then turn it off and let it cool for 10-15 min. Everyone that I know that has tried it it works for a few weeks. As I understand it, the board was designed for a different shaped case, and the case that was chosen doesn't optimize the airflow, so it overheats under normal use.

It is a temporary fix, but at least it may be playable while you search the couch cushions for cash to get a new one.

I personally do not own such an overpriced over-hyped chunk of child labor assembled P.O.S., so I have little room to give an opinion on the subject, but since nobody has brought it up so far, I decided to put in my $0.02.

P.s. Please forward all hate mail to "Bill Gates, 1835 73rd Ave NE, Medina, WA 98039".

RROD can also be caused by loose cables. Check them out. Sometimes its the little things that cause the most problems.

LOL, but yea the box came in Friday, so we went ahead and shipped it out. So another week or so, It should be back. For now im playing my psp :p

Im sure everyone has seen this by now but I thought it might help by giving you a laugh. I know it does when ever I see it.

Twisting_Neather said:
RROD can also be caused by loose cables. Check them out. Sometimes its the little things that cause the most problems.

You won't get a 3LROD from loose cables. You will however get a 4-light ring when you have a bad AV cable connection. Frost is correct as well. There are several things that cause the 3LROD, but the greatest percentage of failures that cause the error are due to overheating. The only way to be sure is to check on the secondary error codes that the 360 gives out. To do this, you hold in the "sync" button on the front of the console, then press the eject button. The light will flash a certain number of lights (4 lights = 0, 1 light = 1, 2 lights = 2, 3 lights = 3). You will need to do this four times, as there is a 4-digit secondary error code. Once you have all four digits, go to llamma.com to determine what your error code means. The error code that most 3LROD consoles have is the "0102" error. What happens is that the console gets hot enough to break the solder joints between the mobo and the GPU chip. This is something that can be fixed, but to be fixed properly, you have to open the console, thus voiding your warranty. Your best bet, if you have an unopened console, is to contact Microsoft to get a "coffin" to send it back for repair. Otherwise, you can find someone who does the repair/cooling upgrades to prevent this from happening in the future.

The towel trick WILL work, although temporary and very dangerous, as there is a great risk of combustion. The biggest issue that most have when attempting to reseat the GPU and reflow the solder is that once they do the towel trick, they don't do anything to aide in the cooling. There are 6 things that I do when repairing the consoles that increase cooling and give you a very stable console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back