RTX 2014 - Meetup and Photo Information, and general Roll Call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakku

Hello all! First off, apologies for keeping ya'll in the dark for so long, IRL obligations have left me extremely busy. (That, and I'm rather a recluse when it comes to the forums anyway, haha.)

RTX is this weekend! How many of you wonderful people shall be attending? We're putting the finishing touches on our exhibitor schedule, but I will post it in here once it's been finalized either tonight or tomorrow.

Here are some of the things we will be doing at the booth:
- Photo area
- Cosplay Fix table
- Armor/Prop displays
- Pepakura and Foam demos
- Raffling cool things

Some things that we need to see some input towards:

Thursday evening, pre-show meet up:
I will be arriving in the early afternoon on Thursday to set up booth things along with some others on the exhibitor team. Afterwards, we intend to meet up and have dinner and iron out the last few details for the weekend. If you intend to be hanging around the booth and helping out, I would encourage you to come. Please PM me by Thursday morning your contact info (preferably cell phone), and I will text you updates as we know definitive times and places.

Friday evening, official 405th Meet and Greet dinner and hangout:
Time and place are still being ironed out, but as SOON as I have details, I will let you all know. You can also PM me before Friday morning your contact info and I will text you updates. Last year we met at Dave and Buster's, had dinner, and then partied out, so it will likely be a very similar circumstance! I'm bringing name tags so we can be silly. :]

Saturday morning/afternoon (TBD), 405th Group Pic, individual shots, etc:
Still figuring out the best time of day to do this, I think close to the costume contest time so that you're already suited up if you wanted to do the costume contest? If you guys will post when would be preferable times, that would be awesome. For reasons I cannot publicly discuss, we HAVE to have a photo op at a certain awesome time, but I currently don't know exactly when it is. If I find out, I'll post that time. Meanwhile, again, please post preferences.

We have nothing explicitly planned for Sunday, but we had a farewell dinner last year and I'm down for that if you guys are also.

~~~

I'm BEYOND excited to see you all again this year and to meet some new faces! Please post if you're attending, or if you have any questions, etc. I'll try to keep this thread very updated, since we're on the final few days.

- Drakku

I have a question.
The last update we got from you was in January. Why did the 405th Owners/Admins/Mods decide to keep the membership in the dark until the week of the event to share any information or plans?

Hey! We'd love to help out on Thursday, but we are planning to go to the go-kart charity event that Jack is throwing. I'll pm my info anyway though, hoping that I can work it in!

I'll have my teen and pre-teen boys, but we'd be happy to join in for dinner and meet-up on Friday evening as long as minors are allowed. ^_^

...And we will TOTALLY be there for the photos! :D

Just for roll-call purposes, we will have my red & white spartan, The Meta, and a grunt minor around costume contest time. So excited to troop with the 405th for the first time! Woohoo!

Well, given that I'm not an Owner, Admin, or Mod, just someone that has some booth-running experience that wants to give back to the community, it's not exactly surprising that I didn't post any information. Aside from being full-time in college as an art major to now being a pool manager in a water park, my online opportunities have been severely nill and it's a surprise I managed to get the stuff together for the event as vaguely able as I am.. so I'm sorry if it seems like I was keeping you (and the forums in general) in the dark, but it just boils down to human error on my part.

But now that there are events brought up and open for discussion, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Sarlume Excellent! I'll text you details as we finalize it. You and your kids should be welcome! If it's a similar venue as last year, I think Dave and Busters had some other kids around as well. :) We'll be on our best behavior..!

A little disappointed I just found this thread after the event. I was on the road the week before and not visiting the web page. Hopefully now that 405th works on Tapatalk, I can find/follow these threads easier.
I was glad to see your booth from the GrifballHub booth (howdy neighbor). Having a repair station is awesome! My suit will be ready by next RTX, so I'll be splitting my time between the two booths, and really looking forward to attending the photo shoots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back