RTX 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

arma358

Member DIN
S358
Two weeks earlier this time! Anyways, I'm excited to see some of you back at RTX this year. I'm wondering if there's an official thing going on this year for RTX.

i've been waiting for this thread! (hopefully this is the right place for this)
i've got iron man and war machine suits that i repaint with the "x-ray and Vav" (RT's superhero cartoon show) colours that's been a total hit at RTX for the past couple of years:
7ZsbTVD.jpg

Problem is, none of my friends are my proportions, and can't really wear the other suit. These suits have become a "thing" at RTX, so i'm SUPER motivated to have them out on the show floor for at least a couple days of the convention. so if you're already going and don't have a suit lined up, here's the requirements:

• Must be between 5'10" and 6'1"

• Must be 170-190 lbs (on the skinnier side, since the midsection piece is like a corset)

• Must either have a Men's size 7-10 shoe size (or be willing to cram your feet into a size 8. i'm a size 14 and managed, so it's technically not impossible)

• Must not have ANY internal medical equipment (this includes pins and screws, pacemakers, insulin pumps, etc.) since lots of the costume is fastened with neodynium magnets, which will not mix well with a pacemaker or other metal bits inside you.

• black undersuit (under-armour or bodyglove works fine)
PM me if you or anyone in your group going to RTX this summer fit the profile and wanna suit up with me!

The travelling is going be a pain in the but, but Texas is much closer to Savannah Georgia than Chicago is right?

I'll be "Caboose" on Saturday for sure. I might armor up on Friday, and I'm sure I'll be in armor on Sunday.

Alright folks. The RTX schedule is live here: http://rtxaustin.com/rtx_schedule.png

Looks like the Halo panel is at 11 AM on Saturday. I'd like to suggest that if you're in armor....that you armor up that day, and hang out with 343. I'm not sure if we have photoshoots lined up, but I'm positive that we can come up with....something. :)

Alright sounds good! And I'm sure we will get more Spartans at the photo shoot. What time are we thinking; because last year the photo shoot date and place was decided so last minute I had to miss it :( Also, is anyone heading to the RVB panel on Friday night?

I'm planning on swinging by the RvB panel in full armor on Friday. As for time, I'm hoping around 1 PM on Saturday. I'm waiting to hear back from my contact at 343, but I feel like (as long as I cleared it with him....) it'd be OK to meet at their booth on the expo floor.

Alright. Looks like we already have a booth, number 527. That'll be our rally point in general. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back