Rubies Armor - Finally coming available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am like everyone else I think it looks cheap! And as far as the undersuit (like some of the Star Wars items) it will be a cheap pleather! And the price! :confused:

More pics:

1348424203_179d7c2abf.jpg

blog-images-20070825070328930.jpg

626px-Bill_Gates_Master_Chief.jpg

Master_Chief_costume.jpg

halo.jpg

master-chief.jpg

halo-3-luda.jpg

halo3firstsmall.jpg

ludacrishalo3small.jpg

1597.jpg

I see alot wrong with it, not only the Helmet, but the Chest is too small and too thin on the top....& who knows what the BACK looks like, Bicep plates are too small also, Calves are too skinny, shoes are too skinny...ON AND ON.

Even the undersuit.....but it's SHINY, and shiny looks cheap...I'd rather have BDU's with chest and backplates and a neck piece.

Overall not too bad, but making a full suit is an incredible achievement of will and skill ( I'm about 20% done mine and I'm not rushing it )...and knowing there will be nothing exactly like it anywhere, is GOLD.

( not to mention it's only cost me about $90 so far...and clay is reuseable after molds.

A

Hey, it's alright. It's just like the cheaper starter armor for storm troopers in the 501st. People who don't wanna make their own armor can buy these mass produced onces. Same arguments over there, buying your armor means it doesn't have the same TLC that a home-made set has. Also, there are inaccuracies or miscalings of mass-produced one-size-fits-all armor and that will cause most fans to simply make their own armor. Lotta people see this as a step back, I see this as an unavoidable step seen in the forward progress of the 405th to reach the level that the 501st has attained. :D

Bungie isnt that stupid to use rubies armor, they'd probably make their own "100% accurate" suit. I'm saying it;s 100% accurate because bungie makes halo, and whatever they make will be accurate because it is their "original" design.

I dunno. Bin the helmet. And probably the chest, unless you are particularly skinny.
Im not, so I'd need a new one anyway. I'd probably need to mod the belt and thighs as well anyway.

You could always get a tailor to back engineer the undersuit and make a less shiny one if it offends you too much.

So, make your own Lid and chest, accurise and re-paint. It'd be a pretty reasonable base to build from.

As is it's not really acceptable but it's a start. Especially as there arn't that many members with completed armour anyway.

AoBfrost said:
Bungie isnt that stupid to use rubies armor, they'd probably make their own "100% accurate" suit. I'm saying it;s 100% accurate because bungie makes halo, and whatever they make will be accurate because it is their "original" design.

actually rubie's worked rather closely with Bungie to get approval for this design, and I mean directly with Bungie not Microsoft.....

there were even more expensive versions that were used during official HALO 3 launch parties

Last edited by a moderator:
If you could buy individual pieces like the arms, gloves and shoulders it might be a good base to start from - add your own helmet chest and legs, repaint and have yourself a decent frakensuit

It's decent from the pics... I'm guessing because the guy stands up pretty well, but unless you are really naive it looks pretty darn cheap. : /

SORRY FOR ADDING MORE CONTEXT, DIDNT REALISE IT WAS A NECROTOPIC
(since it was at the top of the GD list)

Im propably going to buy the 'forearm/gloves' package, it looks excellent, and is cheaper to buy then make (30USD)
Otherwise the armor is... Umm.. CRAP.

-FSS

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back