Rules for recruiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Jr Member
In the distant future I hope to do a panel at Tekkoshocon (an anime convention) on general armor building and a couple tutorials from this forum (WITH author's permission, of course) I obviously intend to cite and promote the 405th as much as I can. There are two other Spartans on here who I met through this convention, so hopefully I will be able to get senior help with this.

So my question is: Is this acceptable? I don't want to be held responsible for an incoming flood of morons who haven't read a &@#$ thing. I completely intend to tell them that the 405th is fantastic, but there's required reading before they go posting "THIS IS AWSHUM!!1!" and "PLEESE HELP!!! HOW I MAKE HELMET?"

So to boil it down, IS it okay to promote the forum to the masses like this? And if yes, Is there anything I need to tell them/warn them/instruct them in before I give them the web address?

We're already flooded with noobs so a few more won't hurt anymore than it does now. I promote the 405th at my panels and I'll be running what I think is the first ever 405th fan table at a convention here in September. If you do want to tell them something before giving the web address tell them to make sure they read the stickies before posting a thread to research what they are going to do instead of just joining, asking questions that have been asked and answered too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back