Saber's Second Project- Agent Texas Style! (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! You've done a great job Saber.
We get to see mor epics right? 'Cause that looks amazing. All your hard work has paid off.

Wow! You've done a great job Saber.
We get to see mor epics right? 'Cause that looks amazing. All your hard work has paid off.

Of course! Glider is sending me more pics that were taken with his camera and I plan on making a HALOween/H4 Release picture/video compilation video after the 6th and then share it with you guys so I don't have to make multiple posts because there are so many pictures.

It was an epic night, my first outing in costume (ever)... Thanks so much for having me down there, The kids were all awesome, and we definitly had some fun. I still can't get the smile off my face.

It was an epic night, my first outing in costume (ever)... Thanks so much for having me down there, The kids were all awesome, and we definitly had some fun. I still can't get the smile off my face.

All I can say is, I can't believe I missed seeing your uit before this. You look great, really love the colour scheme (don't know what it is, but the Mk. Vs always seem to look good with an orange/black colour scheme) and the armour choices.

You've both done an amazing job.

All I can say is, I can't believe I missed seeing your uit before this. You look great, really love the colour scheme (don't know what it is, but the Mk. Vs always seem to look good with an orange/black colour scheme) and the armour choices.

You've both done an amazing job.

Thanks, Squishy.
I still have a bit of work to do on this suit. So I refuse to think that this suit is finished. Just in need of upgrades.
I plan on remaking my chest piece, probably remaking the thighs, and adding extras like a game accurate(ish) under-suit, double visor (?), fans, a speaker, etc.
I aspire to eventually gain Elite status. It's a long road, I know, but I'm slowly working at it.
This thread will stay open as long as I still plan on making this suit even better than what it already is. But I also plan on starting a Reach suit out of foam which shouldn't be too hard since I don't have to worry about resin and fiberglass.
-Alexis

Looks like you had a great Haloween! My old scouting group used to give out hot chocolate and candy at our local firestation, it would have been awesome to have a few spartans there. My favourite year was when I dressed up as a mummy made of duct tape. Once I was all wrappped up I realized how hard it was to bend my joints, but it was still awesome. Since I wasn't very mobile or flexible I got assigned to greeting duty. Which was the best idea we ever had, because my friend Frank cut out the bottom of a Jack-o-lantern, put it on my head, and made me a chair out of straw bales. I then got to spend most of the night pretending to be a duct-tape scarecrow with a carved pumpkin head. Most of the kids thought it was pretty cool, though one Mom was shocked to find out that the "dummy" could move.

But enough about me, your suit is amazing. Your skills have really improved since you started out here on the 405th. Your Master Chief suit was well done, but rather polygony. Your Texas suit is much smoother and I believe that your weathering techniques have also improved. Looking at your list of improvements I see alot of the things that separate the great suits from the Elite ones; lights, undersuit, other electronics, double-visor, etc. If you keep improving like you have been since August 2009 I fully expect that we will get to see one of your suits in the Elite section.

Keep at it,

Nessy

Hey everyone~
Sorry for my long absence on this thread but I'm back!
I've started rebuilding my chest piece since my first one was too big. So here's a pic!
photo239_zps8978e006.jpg

I'm about 3/4 done pepping it and I'm positive that it is the right size. As you can see I've made a duct tape torso and by looking at the chest piece on the mannequin, it looks like it fits perfectly! So I'm gunna keep working on it! I have a lot of pictures of my suit that I plan on making into a little video slideshow and I'll get that to you guys eventually too.

I also plan on working on a Reach suit soon. I started a new thread for my Recon Helmet that you guys can view here.

In other news, I plan on going to Emerald City Comicon later this year! Hood's Hellions are planning on getting together and showing up there so I'm super excited!!!

I'll keep you guys updated as often as I can.

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
Thanks for checking out the thread and be sure to tell me what you think so you can help me improve!
-Alexis

Yes it is! haha And thanks!

As a side note to everyone, I'm going to be gone this weekend because I'm taking a trip to California. I won't have any progress until next week, most likely.
Also, I'm beginning to start a Reach build as a whole and not just the helmet. I've started the shins and this will be another project on top of this one. I'll most likely change my helmet thread to a suit thread but seeing I'm at the airport right now, I'm a little limited on time and I don't have any pictures to back up my claim.

So I'll talk to you guys later! I'll be back on Monday!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Hey guys.
Just reposting some pics since the change-back.
So here's a recap.

Went to Emerald City Comic Con (March).
costumecontest.jpg
photo244.jpg

Free Comic Book Day (April)
25C9ACE9-788E-41B0-BF76-5F72F79A63E5-549-000000EC0EEB9762.jpg
A4943107-4081-48D2-B880-9607FD607AD5-549-000000EC1B4B5347.jpg
95511CE7-DE34-473F-AB61-DC0E8173D122-549-000000EC25186F03.jpg

Wonder North West (May) - Remade the Chest piece
AR3-4view.jpg
ClassicTEx.jpg
hallway.jpg
withhawkeye1.jpg

And some new pics from a photo/video shoot just a few weeks ago.
IMG_0037-1.jpg
IMG_0038.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg

While we were doing this latest photoshoot, my friend Hawkeye (female reach spartan) mashed together the film clips we had into a music video. I say it's pretty good.
Check it out!

So that's what I got! Stay tuned for more updates! I got some special projects coming up!
Thanks for checking out the thread and please comment and critique!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Can't wait to get my armor finished so I can troop with you and the rest of Hood's Hellions.

Hey guys!
Thanks for all of your support and sorry for not posting anything for a while! I've been busy with my new job as a video game tester at a subsidiary of Microsoft... :p
Recently, I've been out and about making small things here and there but nothing too important to report on.

A couple of weeks ago, I was at the Portland Superhero Fun Run in armor and cheering on the marathoners that were running a 5K. I actually ended up on the local news doing a little jig in front of the camera and I didn't even know the guys was from the New Station. He just had a camera. So I saw a split second of myself on local TV.
Also, the DJ that was blasting music during the marathon pulled me and my friend Glider to the front and made us dance in front of hundreds of people. Granted, I'm not a very good dancer. In fact... I hate dancing. But in that moment, I ended up dancing the Harlem Shake and Gangnam Style.

Unfortunately, Glider's wife was in the crowd and got a video of us. They put Glider on top of the stand and I was left to do the actual dancing. Thank heavens no one could see how red my face was. I did my best and I made some people smile. That's all that matters.

Here's the video link on our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200293451204595&notif_t=like

So coming up is Kumoricon in Vancouver, WA. I agreed to go with my friend and her siblings because they can't afford to go to PAX which is the same weekend. :( We do plan on attending PAx next year. I have a few things I need to prepare my suit for:
New shins
New boots
And possibly new Gauntlets.

I'm slowly making the transition into being full foam. I foamed the bicep part of my shoulder pieces so they no longer pinch me so they fit a lot nicer. The new foam chest piece is working great and I need to make some repairs to the COD.

OH! One more thing! Sorry for making this post so wordy, but I really need to tell you guys something!
This Sunday is going to be the first ever Geekie Awards and it's going to be happening in Hollywood. Stan Lee, Seth Green, Grant Imahara and a bunch of other "geekie" celebs are gunna be there and giving awards to a bunch of random people. They have a Live-Stream going on during the show at 7:30 Pacific time.

I must urge you... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch the Geekie Awards!!!! I can't tell you why, but please do it!!!! It is very important!!!!

Here is the link to the Geekie Awards Website:
http://www.thegeekieawards.com/

That's all I got for now, so I'll update you guys whenever something else comes up. I'll probably post some progress pics before Kumoricon.

Thanks for looking and be sure to give me any feedback! Sorry again for lack of pictures!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Hello again, everyone!

So in the earlier post, I told you guys about the Geekie Awards but it turns out the people didn't show our video due to "Geek Politics" so I'm gunna give you the links to the videos on Youtube! Be sure to check them out!!! This is a 3-parter.

Unfortunately, because the limit per post is one video, I will post one for you to insta-view but the other two will be just regular links.

Part 2

Part 3

It's our first shoot, we had one night to film, and the film had to be done in three days so please go easy on us!

We know our mistakes in the film like not pointing the rifle up the stairs, have more of a "presence" (according to some random Youtuber), and not being energetic enough (same guy), bue we plan on fixing that.
We plan on making more videos in the future as well. We want to take martial arts, parkour, and bodyacting classes to make this the best it can be!

Thanks for looking!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started watching your thread and I have to say it is some great work. I know how you feel with all the parts breaking or falling apart too. Mine works but is falling apart too. I still have to work on fixing it. You must have more time than me XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back