Saeka's GEN-II NOBLE/CYPHER Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeka

bqrsvgn.png
Research Album

Hey all! It's taken me nearly a year to decide on what I wanted to take on as an armor project, but I've finally made my mind up. I'll be creating a Halo 5 GEN-II style Spartan, sporting a NOBLE helmet and a CYPHER body. While I love the Cypher armor, I'm really not a big fan of the helmet. It reminds me almost of something a G.I. Joe villain would wear and doesn't really flow well with the armor. Doing the Cypher armor also gives me a bit of an opportunity to be unique, as the armor has yet to be unfolded (correct me if I'm wrong though! Would love to see someone else's work)

I'm intending on doing this as a pepakura project, but depending on how I find the process, I may switch to foam. I've never really done a pep project (or a large cosplay project, admittedly), so the learning curve will be high. I also live in a studio apartment, so space is at a premium and I'll have to do my fiberglass/bondo work elsewhere.

At the moment, the Cypher armor file hasn't been unfolded, so that will be my step one. Learning how to unfold an armor file. If anyone has a link to a tutorial that they like, I'd love to see it (alternatively, if anyone's bored and wants to unfold it for me, that'd make things a lot quicker :p :p)

I'll be updating this post as often as I can and I'll try to take as many photos as possible, probably uploading them in Imgur albums.

Per Mare, Per Terras, Per Constellatum, Spartans!

Progress Thread/Index:

Helmet:
Not started.

Chest:
Not started.

Shoulders:
Not started.

Gauntlets:
Not started.

Legs:
Not started.

Feet:
Not started.

Undersuit:
Coming 2019

So I just googled the armor set for the Cypher. Well, it looks very similar to the Scout armor worn by Commander Palmer from Halo 4. The only differences would be the helmet and the chest armor. Master builder has already provided some good files to work with. I can unfold the chest and the helm for you.

If you'd be willing to unfold the chest, that would be wonderful!

And I didn't realize that the Scout gear was the same other than the chest, you've saved me a lot of time!

It would be saving me a lot of time also, lol. What about the helm? That would take less time to unfold.

That is up to you, my friend! I'll only be using the chest, but someone else may want to use the helmet.

That is up to you, my friend! I'll only be using the chest, but someone else may want to use the helmet.

I'm confused. You do need a helmet? Or maybe I confused you. I meant that I would be unfolding a helmet, but it would be the Noble helmet, not the Cypher helm.

Oh, shoot, think we're both confused :p I thought you meant you'd do the Cypher chest. I've actually got a pretty good helmet file already!

Oh, shoot, think we're both confused :p I thought you meant you'd do the Cypher chest. I've actually got a pretty good helmet file already!

yep, gonna do the chest. Thought u might needed the helm unfolded to. My bad.:cool

Nice to see another GEN2 costume! :D
And yes, Cypher armor has many of the same pieces that Scout has. I recommend using Master Builder's files, they are a pleasure to work with.

Also, I too don't have any space inside to work with resin, bondo or sanding.
I recommend doing it just outside - at least this is how I did 95% of my costume.
It would be convenient if you had a garden or at least balcony... But if it doesn't work out - maybe one of your friends has a garden you could use? Or just go outside? :)
Maybe ask around within your Mountain regiment, maybe a member lives near you?

Good luck and looking forward to see your progress.

I'll likely use my mother's yard. 30 mile drive, but well worth it for proper ventilation!

Love your suit, by the way! Can't wait to see the finished helmet.

Project isn't dead! Just ran into a few snags in real life, but I've finally managed to pick up some materials!

20161014_204948.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back