Saiyan armour update for FanExpo Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
So last year I made my first suit of armour out of EVA foam. I made a Saiyan body armour and a pair of gauntlets for my son's Halloween costume.
IMAG0776.jpg

Surprisingly it still fits him. He decided that he wanted to wear it to FanExpo Toronto. That being the case I decided to make some changes. Mainly I want to rebuild the gauntlets and a pair of shin guards. I wanted to weather the armour but, the boy wants to keep it looking nice and shiney.
PSX_20170808_160325.jpg

Here's what I've done so far. I have redone both gauntlets. I have made it look closer to what Nappa was wearing in the series. All that is needed is the trim.

UPDATE: Added some trim to the leg armour and did two coats of Plasti Dip.
I mentioned this before in someone else's thread: I am not a fan of using Plasti Dip. I never seem to get a decent application of the stuff. It over 30 degrees Celsius today in the Great White North, so the product being cold isn't an issue. Home Depot has a house brand of the stuff and for half the price. So I may look into that stuff,or any alternative products. Anyone every hear of or use Creature Cast? It was featured in a couple of YouTube vids by EvilTed, Punished Props and KamuiCosplay. There's another product I had in mind... But I forgot the name. KamuiCosplay mentioned it in a video for products for foam sealing.
Anyways, gotta let the parts cure for a few hours before I move onto paints. Then I am done and Saiyan Armour 1.5 is ready for FanExpo Toronto.

20170820_203437.jpg

Speak of the devil. After I posted this pick on Instagram Flexi Paint liked my post. They are based in the UK.
So, has anyone ever used this product or Creature Cast?

Never used it but I heard of it while watching the Jim Henson's Creature Shop challenge......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back