Savvytanks Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice. You guys are machines. I saw your ODST helmet at Joe's this weekend, it's looking good. Can't wait to see what the final castings look like.

wakingcorpse187 said:
Hay man ware did you get the print out for the SR.

I would love to make my own.

plez and thank you

i found a pic of it online and had to blow it up to the right size. it took about 4 trys to get it right. so now i have a print out that is 9ft long and one that is 7ft. after those two i got close at 118% the right size then i was able to get it close to 100%. then i think i made it from the wrong size, so now i think im going to have a SR socom. so it all works out. but i used up like 30 pages and almost a whole ink cartridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Crap!!! Last time I saw this thread was with the pics of the tennis balls, (On page #1.) That helmet is... AWESOME!!!

yah i tried this helmet and failed. i think it was because i messed up on the pep part and the bondo. i think i over bondoed it. But yours looks amazing! i wish i could be that good...

so let me get this right....

Joe is molding all of this right now huh??? :D

and I live right here......

So I should go over to Joe's........ :)

got a little update.

wile at Ithicas i made something from a chunk of his Van. it took some work to make it look good and its still a little rough, but that dint stop Ithica from wanting a copy so he gave me the stuff to mold it and showed me how to.

gallery_13695_1425_653384.jpg

gallery_13695_1425_574953.jpg

i want to fix and add some stuff to it. but its getting close to the deadline of the relece... so we will see how that works out.

Yo romeo! :p

That goggle and helmet are looking sweet! :D

Edit, also savvytank, mind if i borrow your "putting the WETA chestpieces together and costumizing them" idea please? to be honest, it looks more accurate then nightshade 1-piece chest piece (sorry nightshade)

here is the forearm that i out together. its not painted right but its getting molded so that wont matter.

well here it is, let me know what you think.

gallery_13695_1425_9831.jpg

gallery_13695_1425_3648.jpg

gallery_13695_1425_21517.jpg

gallery_13695_1425_31488.jpg

Savvy

sierra092 said:
thats epic savvy, did you scratch build it or pep it?

i build it from scratch. i couldint find a pep file that i liked, so i just made it from fome and super glue.

Savvy

im lazy so i made the arm peace fit the left and right arm. so all ill have to do is cast up two and put the elbow on one side or the other. im going to make the elbow this week at some point. i have a chunk of clay that i was going to use but it doseint look like it will work. so im going to start from scratch.

Savvy

That is a really nice looking forearm piece that ou have. I actually have and know of a pep file that looks very close to the forearm pieces for the ODST's. But I really like your scratch build. :)

SavvyTank said:
im lazy so i made the arm peace fit the left and right arm. so all ill have to do is cast up two and put the elbow on one side or the other. im going to make the elbow this week at some point. i have a chunk of clay that i was going to use but it doseint look like it will work. so im going to start from scratch.

Savvy

making armor pieces universal left and right is not lazy...its cost efficiant man. I do the same thing. You save alot of money that way on molding material

keep using that frame of mind with all armor pieces the best you can.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
making armor pieces universal left and right is not lazy...its cost efficiant man. I do the same thing. You save alot of money that way on molding material

keep using that frame of mind with all armor pieces the best you can.

ya im doing this with the Hip, Knee, Sholder, Shin and... well i gees that all i can make one of and use for both. i had the shin mostly glassed and then it got crushed. so Fluffy is re peping it so i can finish it soon. he is also peping the EOD ODST sholder for himself.

Savvy

I got a quick paint job done on the helmet. i still need to find a to find a good paint to paint the lenses on the goggles, but this will do for now.

gallery_13695_1202_40835.jpg

gallery_13695_1202_38397.jpg

gallery_13695_1202_11582.jpg

gallery_13695_1202_19878.jpg

well, tell me what you think.

Savvy

SavvyTank said:
I got a quick paint job done on the helmet. i still need to find a to find a good paint to paint the lenses on the goggles, but this will do for now.

gallery_13695_1202_40835.jpg

gallery_13695_1202_38397.jpg

gallery_13695_1202_11582.jpg

gallery_13695_1202_19878.jpg

well, tell me what you think.

Savvy

I think you have a mighty fine helmet, sir. ;)

Nice job on the sniper goggles too.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the visor?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back