Savvytanks Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
SavvyTank said:
thank you sir.

well because people have been asking me how i made the gantlets i have scrounged up a pic of it not finished.

gallery_13695_1425_29243.jpg

its made from craft foam, flooring mats and rivets.

hope this helps

Savvy

LOVE IT ALL MAN LOVE THE SNIPER DUDE THE MOST

sawy no name becouse my name cgaet sheet is at work

Last edited by a moderator:
well i got a small update. im getting my gantlets back from Joe and he has cast him up a set and has them painted.

DSCF1999.jpg

DSCF2001.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

DSCF2010.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

its getting close to launch so we will see if i get these two suits done.

Savvy

Looks awesome man.

When I was talking to the ThirdWhat guys at PAX, they mentioned using floor mats for making pieces, so it's especially nice to see some WIP pics of that method being used. :)

Great looking gear, I thought that the goggles are supposed to move from the top of the helmet above the visor to eyesight to where eye sight is suposed to be like on an aviation helmet, I bet you are thinking on how to do that for your next one. On the wrist gauntlets I'm thinking on putting a small data pad on one of my gauntlets for design of hacking into familiar and alien computers in case you don't have an AI in your armor to do the work, even though it will be a prop it will be a custom set of armor but for now I'm thinking of improvement which I bet you are improving as well Keep up the good work fellow ODST.

Wow savvy that looks awesome! =] It really looks way cooler once you've added the metallic color and weathering. It'd be sweet if you got those suits done before launch. Then you can go to the midnight release with it. :) haha

Sr. Chief(Maverick) said:
Great looking gear, I thought that the visor was supposed to move from the top above the visor to eyesight to where eye sight is suposed to be like on an aviation helmet, I bet you are thinking on how to do that for your next one. On the wrist gauntlets I'm thinking on putting a small data pad on one of my gauntlets for design of hacking into familiar and alien computers in case you don't have an AI in your armor to do the work, even though it will be a prop it will be a custom set of armor but for now I'm thinking of improvement which I bet you are improving as well Keep up the good work fellow ODST.

fluffly is going to try to mod his Ipod Tuch into his gantlet. have some neat stuff on it. sounds, vids, pics, aps. wont be done for launch but the idea is there.

That would be awesome! It'd be way cool if you had like speakers placed in the suit and you can walk around with your own theme songs playing from your suit lol

Helljumper817 said:
That would be awesome! It'd be way cool if you had like speakers placed in the suit and you can walk around with your own theme songs playing from your suit lol

that and playing quotes from the game and Sgt Johnson. it will be awesome.

Savvy

Sr. Chief(Maverick) said:
The black sections on the outersections of the gray sections is that padding if it is what type of padding is it?

of the finished one?? i think your are talking about the Rollerblade strap. its just a replacement ratcheting strap for a set of skates. a set of 2 are 6$ - 30$. i think joe got his for 10$ from here

Savvy

You gotta post the full suit when your done lol I've never seen anyone make a romeo helmet yet lol yours looks great. :) is this that flexfoam material you were telling me about or what?

I understand this is a necro post, but where did this topic go? Did you finish the suit, and if you did can you please post pics? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back