Scaling Discrepancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFDesigns

So my suit is complete, minus the fact that my jackassy drunk off his ass friend punched through my torso piece on halloween night (He definitely owes me beer for that one!). I'm having to remake it but I seemed to have several problems with the scaling of the first one. So a couple of questions come to mind:

1) Is the torso supposed to allow 90%-100% freedom of movement (because mine restricted my arms to about 90° in front of me)?

2) After the width across the shoulders seemed a hair too wide, I still had to bridge across the chest meaning that I had to chop pieces out of my tester torso and splice them into the chest strap. Is there a way to unlock the aspect ratio in Pep Designer so that I can custom scale to what I need?

I'm not an overly big individual. 5'10.5" weighing in at 175lbs and a 33" waist. Here's the funny part though: My shoulders are between 19" & 20" across and my chest measures 39" around. This seems to be what creates the scaling discrepancy

Here's a few shots to show you what I mean:

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01284.jpg

Notice that the chest plate in that of itself is too wide across the front but that i still had to splice in around the middle.

I guess what I really want to know is: is there a way to remedy this without needing splicer units?

Hello! Your torso needs to give you a hundred percent mobility. Masterchief does, so should you. The armor is looking awesome. All I would do is shave a few inches off the width of the torso i see here and it will fit perfect. I believe you can unlock the ratio in pep, but that requires buying and registering the program. but im not sure because I dont have the registered version.

Nice suit, Looks fine in the pictures, I cant see any problems with it.

Unfortunately HELL JUMPER is wrong, i researched this last week, No Spartan has 80%-100% Mobility.
After a thorough examination, i came to the conclusion that in game, The armor intersects with each other.

The arms intersect with the Biceps, The Biceps intersect with the Chest. The only thing that doesn't intersect is the codpiece and the helmet, And we all know its impossible to intersect solid objects in real life.

Its normal to have a bit of restriction, Even Adam does. Plus, Not many people realise it, but if you look at a Spartan head on, then in your mind remove the armor so its just underarmor, You realise how mis-shapen their bodies are.
They have a normal waist, but there shoulder width is HUGE, its just hard to notice, their bodies are not human shape. Nobody has the body of master chief, so its Ok to be restricted.

I also remember when somebody went to an Expo but he was so restricted that he couldn't even eat his sandwich! He had to be fed by his friend.

The Stig said:

Unfortunately HELL JUMPER is wrong, i researched this last week, No Spartan has 80%-100% Mobility.
After a thorough examination, i came to the conclusion that in game, The armor intersects with each other.

The arms intersect with the Biceps, The Biceps intersect with the Chest. The only thing that doesn't intersect is the codpiece and the helmet, And we all know its impossible to intersect solid objects in real life.

Its normal to have a bit of restriction, Even Adam does. Plus, Not many people realise it, but if you look at a Spartan head on, then in your mind remove the armor so its just underarmor, You realise how mis-shapen their bodies are.
They have a normal waist, but there shoulder width is HUGE, its just hard to notice, their bodies are not human shape. Nobody has the body of master chief, so its Ok to be restricted.

I also remember when somebody went to an Expo but he was so restricted that he couldn't even eat his sandwich! He had to be fed by his friend.

HAHAHA!! that was kinda how it was for me. I had to drive for half an hour down busy-ass Broad Street in Philadelphia without a seatbelt (don't try this at home!) in my armor to get to the party that my friend was throwing on halloween. That was super tough!! The boots were a nightmare to drive in cuz they were a lot wider than the gas pedal gap.

But I did figure out a vinyl tubing straw system that allowed me to drink beer with my helmet on (people fell on the floor laughing when they saw that!) so I guess I had only about a 35% restriction when I was in my full harness. Looks like I just need to scale it down and print off 2 chest straps so that I can bridge the gaps after I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stig said:

He speaketh the truth.
[attachment=7153:body.jpg]

CPU64 said:
He speaketh the truth.
[attachment=7153:body.jpg]

Yep, i'd have to work out for a straight up year to get that type of muscle and even then i'd probably still be having scaling problems.

I wouldn't worry about trying to get perfect mobility. My costume restricts a lot of motion, I can barely reach my head to eat (sans the helmet of course). As long as you can comfortably walk around move your arms enough to do stuff, you should be fine.

----------------
Now playing: Memory

The Stig said:
Plus, Not many people realize it, but if you look at a Spartan head on, then in your mind remove the armor so its just underarmor, You realize how mis-shapen their bodies are.
Not to mention that according to the halo books the argumentation process they went through could of also some what mis-shapened their bodies even just a little bit

The armor doesn't intersect in the game, it's just that MC isn't built like a human at all. His shoulders are at least a foot away from where they should be, his neck is too long and thin, and his legs start out from a point that's TOO wide. WHen you look at him next to a normal person, the first thing you'll say is:

".........WTF???"

Just look atr their shoulders when you wear CQB shoulders in Halo 3.

xalener said:
The armor doesn't intersect in the game, it's just that MC isn't built like a human at all. His shoulders are at least a foot away from where they should be, his neck is too long and thin, and his legs start out from a point that's TOO wide. WHen you look at him next to a normal person, the first thing you'll say is:
".........WTF???"

Just look atr their shoulders when you wear CQB shoulders in Halo 3.

kinda wish i could see something other than just images of the armor perms. I don't even have an XBox or an XBox 360 believe it or not. I have however beaten all of the Halo games countless times. How does that serve your fancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back