Scaling help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbadedBigfoot89

So I'm in the process of making halo 3 mark VI armor. The forearm piece is really huge in the back but in the front where my hand/wrist would fit is too small. I don't k ow how to scale certain parts of the armor. Please help.

You should search for HaloGoddess' scaling tutorial for a start. Other then that your best option is too:
1) measure your wrist width against a ruler
2) while in pepakura, use the measuring tool to find the inner wrist width
3) go into the 2D menu and open change scale and then make bigger
4) check inner wrist measurement again and continue adjusting until your about 20% larger then your wrist measurement.

Aside from that I just kept testing with paper mockups until I could get my wrist through the forearm piece

Foam or Fiberproject? there are several ways to solve your problem. For Foam, you can just extend the wrist area with some foampieces. just make them longer then they are on your pattern.
Or you can make it that the wrist fits in and stuff the other end at the ellbow with foam.
Maybe you are just using the wrong pepakura pattern? try another one and look if you got the same problem.

Just something to consider, and as an up-front, I'm not a pepakura expert, but my knowledge of the overall appearance of the H3/Mk6 suit, the forearms have that "profile" about it- Large in the back, narrow in the front. I'm not gonna tell you to start rock climbing to get your forearms bigger, but take a look at the bigger picture and overall scale of the armor to your height. You may need to leave it at a larger scale than you'd probably feel comfortable with, requiring you to really fill that extra space in with foam or something similar to make it wearable.

It seems from your post that you have naturally skinny arms and I fear that you're gonna really distort the actual proper appearance of it.

Now, the alternative is if you're having trouble fitting your hand through the more ideal scaled version (like you mentioned), but if you feel/think that your arm/wrist will fit and it's just your hand preventing you from getting it on, then creating a removable portion along the front of the wrist can be something to try out. Thorssoli did this w/ his H3/Mk6 kits, where that top-side detail comes separate and allowed someone like myself with giant hands to get them on, then pop that detail piece right back in place.

Just something to consider, good luck

Thank you both for your guy's help. I think I'm just gonna stuff the hell out of it lol not really but I'll put like the giant foam in it. The super soft stuff just so it doesn't move around as much.

Thank you both for your guy's help. I think I'm just gonna stuff the hell out of it lol not really but I'll put like the giant foam in it. The super soft stuff just so it doesn't move around as much.

For added detail, perhaps you can attach a type of "sleeve" to the inner-edge of the rear of the forearms to match your undersuit, that way it has that "sealed" affect. The in-game reference has a similar look as well IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back