Scaling Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmevanko

I have been having a few issues scaling a few of the pieces. Like the arm parts, when i scaled it to the correct size, and started to build it, the big top part was way past my elbow. I noticed that this part is longer than the rest but when you scale it is that included the extended part? like with the chest piece, when i scale it, should i just measure from the bottom of my ribs to my shoulder and does it automatically add the extra part at the top? or do i need to calculate that in?

Well there are scaling tips in the stickies but if you take a few pics I'm sure we can help you out.

This is the sholder piece. Way too small right?

To me it looks about and inch and a half to 2 inches to small. What was the length in the prepakura scaling panel? And about what is the length of the top part of your arm? And when you measure, measure from the top of your shoulder to your elbow.

Ah i thing thats my issue i am measuring from a little above my elbow to a little below my shoulder. Which came out to be around 180 - 185 mm

Then it probably is the right size. What Guy is it off of? Because maybe that's all that it covers.

I scaled it now to the correct size but due to the ratio it causes the other dimensions, like the depth, to become way to big. Is there a way to fix this in the program? or do i have to make it smaller afterwords?

Well the reason the program does that so the pieces fit it has to scale the rest to what you want. If it is a little wide then just add some foam padding to fix the spacing and it will make it more comfortable to wear.

For pieces that have extra pieces extending off of them, like Emile's helmet, is there a specific amount that i should add on the compensate for those extra pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back