Soft Parts Scaling Thread "unofficial"

Status
Not open for further replies.

k11yle

Jr Member
i am making this thread to ask and answer strictly about individual scaling sizes for individual pieces of armor. I'm making this for the purpose of feasibility of knowing how to scale instead of spending hours on end looking for a individual piece of armor. Enjoy!!! :lol

ODST weta helmet. Basically measure ur hight in inches from ur chin to the top of ur dome and add two inches, then convert that into Milli-meters(the weta helmet with the visor)

Hey mate,

Look at these 2 threads for help.

How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial

Armour Scaling-FAQ

Those should help you a lot with scaling. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me. I will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

You may also want to real the following post/thread. If your interested in my volunteered help, feel free to add me on MSN or Skype.

A New Approach-Scaling

Good luck!

How many times do I have to post this?

Should I rant or not, thats the only question that remains...

I like how your trying to help the community K11yle but here your too late. Check the stickies next time

EDIT: Also thanks Xtreme for the link to your scaling threads, they are very helpful I actually used your technique with my ODST.

both u guys dont understand, not everyone is smart enough to understand ur thread. Wheni started, i really didnt understand it, believe it or not, but it was kind of hard to find the proportions. this thread is for SPECIFIC pieces of armor, saving time and effort.

I'm going to say this now, you should never, ever, ever, EVER use the scale of somebody elses body. Even if the person is the same height as you, you will find that at least 1 part will not fit right.

And as my 3rd link says, employ my help for scaling. I've helped about 300-400 members so far, and every one has come out with PERFECTLY scaled armour parts.

Besides, like I have said SO many times, I'm always looking for improvement ideas on the tutorial. If you found the tutorial confusing, don't just whine about it. Tell me how to improve it!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
I'm going to say this now, you should never, ever, ever, EVER use the scale of somebody elses body. Even if the person is the same height as you, you will find that at least 1 part will not fit right.

And as my 3rd link says, employ my help for scaling. I've helped about 300-400 members so far, and every one has come out with PERFECTLY scaled armour parts.

Besides, like I have said SO many times, I'm always looking for improvement ideas on the tutorial. If you found the tutorial confusing, don't just whine about it. Tell me how to improve it!

i understand ur thread is helpful, and it is, but i am not asking for people scale, im asking people to say HOW THEY scale there armor for each piece

Last edited by a moderator:
That tutorial covers 4 of the 5 well-known scaling methods. The only remaining scaling method not shown in that thread is Abrant3's scaling method. Its done in a similar way that Methods #3 and #4 are in my tutorial, but his method is purly for scaling Spartan Mark 6 armour.

Generally, they use the author's specific directions for scaling, or measure specific body points on reference pics, then measure their own. Input it into the box, and boom. Plus, there WILL be trial and error. Everythings not perfect the first time... Look at bevbor. He spent a ton of money cutting out metal to make his Br. way too small. A mistake, but next time, he'll make sure it's the right size. If at first you don't succeed...

I'm going to have to agree with The King Cobra and Xtreme TACTICS 101.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime."

I'm all for helping people make armor and having the 405th community grow and thrive, but simply handing out answers is not the way to do it. On top of the great links XT101 just posted, there are dozens of threads concerning scale and how to go about getting something to fit right. It's better to teach people to scale themselves, so they aren't in threads like these asking over and over how to do something.

Your urge to help is appreciated, and encouraged, but we would rather teach than simply walk people through the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back