Scaling with bad results is realy starting to sadden me, Please assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi so i gues this is not what you would call a new thread. Im realy gettin down:( when i finish a piece and its huge, the thought of doing all that work for no realy good reason is painful.:( eg. just finished right boot and its HUGE, we talking bigfoot here...

so i just wanted to put this out there, if anyone would be as kind as to scale my armor for me and send me the mesurments, id realy appreciate it.

so if youre willing, pm me and we can discuss details:)

thanks 405th

There IS a Tutorial around the forum.
That is pretty simple and easy to understand.

Use the SearchBar and look for "Xtreme Tactics Scaling" or "Tactics Scaling method"

There's a couple of pepakura and scaling tutorials on the website here. Just use the search function and you will find all that you need. You will screw up some of the pieces. I've built huge parts to find out they don't fit properly, I think that is part of the learning process with building this armor. This is my personal method of doing it, because of how pepakura designer alters all three values. I measure the length of the piece, for example, my upper arm, take the measurement and put it into the designer. When you print it out, you will be able to see if it looks too small.

I skipped the tutorial and just started taking measurements: shoulder to elbow, elbow to wrist, hip to knee and knee to ankle. From there we put the lengths for each piece into pep designer, took the avg % and added a few points per other suggestions. I think the thighs probably give the most accurate reading this way (knees and forearms have the tips that extend past your measurements).

That said, even if you nail the scaling you could run into problems based on your body shape. I have huge calves, though I never knew it until I tried making my first pair of sca greaves and the pattern for my height didn't even come close to fitting. Anyway, best of luck to you.

thanks to evryone, even reading this makes me fell that this project will not flatten me, i can overcome this, adam was right when he said its a close knit community, but just for refrence il put down my height

height ( in m) : im 1.77m

tell me if you need other mesurements moonscape12

and thanks OptimusWang :) appreciate the method, sounds good

Its always better if the part you build is a bit bigger than you, you can always cut at the part to make it smaller. Most pep parts are made to fit someone who is 6 feet tall, and in my case I am. Although I have a very big head, and big thigh, I have to know that all the parts won't fit, so adjustments are always necessary.

i just finishe a boot this weekend and it was huge, but weirdly, i used the method were you get a refrence picture and measure it etc.
that worked fine with the cod, thigh and shin, but not the boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back