Scar The Just -- Kensai's Armor [100% Complete]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kensai111 said:
Biff,

The shotgun is an airosoft model I picked up in town. It was an almost perfect match of the h3 model, the only thing that is wrong on it is the top handrest where you cock the gun should be a little larger to wrap around the flashlight. In time I will fix that problem but for now it is acceptable.

Cheers,
Kensai

check out remington's website. I know somewhere they have flashlights and moutnign devices that attach it into the magazine well under the barrel. Most police issue shotguns around here, including my dads have that attachment, if you want I can take a pic of it to show he its attached in the mag well

Last edited by a moderator:
leegrisham said:
Its kinda funny because the armor is gleaming with ultra bright white light.
While it makes the pictures hard to see, it also adds a nice unveiling effect.

It's super sunny today hehe, but it did add a nice effect :)

smilie120 said:
Hey Kensai. Your armours looking great! But im curious, why didnt you use the HD models? I just think from personal experience that theyre easier to get the detail. But all in all it looks great man! Cant wait to see this finnished! ;)

When I started this armor HD models were a pipe dream :D I like to think of Scar as a spartan going through the time change of Halo 2 and 3.. which is when I built him. Most of his parts are Halo 2 models with a few exceptions of Robo's models before he did HD models. :)

Tater Mane said:
The thighs look like they have caved in, but they amy be jsut because they were lying on the ground.

I have the same shotgun, for the same purpose, lol.

Yeah the thighs are perfectly fine and still have a little flex to them because on the fold lines for the thighs I cut and I hot glued foam strips inbetween to give it a little bit of flexibility. I figured they were going to receive more stress than any part of the armor they could use the additional maneuverability. Also for the bottom circle of the thigh I cut it so I could add straps and apply or remove my detailed foam inner thighs with ease so I can make bathroom use a little easier to get to lol.

@Biff that'd be great if you can get me a link. Like I said though, the shotgun is on the very bottom of my priority list. I'll definitely look into it and atleast order the part :)

Thanks for all the kind words so far guys.

Cheers,
Kensai

Wanted to give you guys a peek at my base coat.

Ok .. so my armor was supposed to be yellow, after finding out Kustom Kolor of House of Kolor made automotive model sprays (apprently the green is legendary helmet perfect) I'd give their yellow a shot *buzzer* FAIL!

So here's the can.. even with a nice yellow sample for a color similar to what I was looking for.
CIMG1864Small.jpg

And here was the final result..

CIMG1866Small.jpg

CIMG1867Small.jpg

CIMG1868Small.jpg

CIMG1869Small.jpg

Needless to say.. all I need is my helmet lights to strobe and I'm ready for a rave party... never the less.. I guess it is kinda a cool color... not what I wanted but definitely acid trip kinda cool. What do you guys think? Keep it .. or sand it all off and start again?

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
[...]I'm ready for a rave party... [...] acid trip kinda cool.[...]
Cheers,
Kensai
Those two things fit very well together. :p

Anywho, I kinda like the color, it's different. If you don't want it so bright, maybe you could go over it with a light coat of some kind of red or orange.

Looks good, 'can't wait to see it being worn.

Yeah, I agree with Gamerguy, but again, it's a little to seizure inducing :p

I wouldn't sand it down, but then again, if you want a whole new color, you might end up having to...

gamerguy55 said:
Those two things fit very well together. :p

Anywho, I kinda like the color, it's different. If you don't want it so bright, maybe you could go over it with a light coat of some kind of red or orange.

Looks good, 'can't wait to see it being worn.

Still deciding.. hrm.. on the plus side it's new and ... trippy but then again I don't think this color even exists ingame does it? I may wait till I get it all detailed and try it on. Guess it's better to look at the final product.

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Yeah, I agree with Gamerguy, but again, it's a little to seizure inducing :p

I wouldn't sand it down, but then again, if you want a whole new color, you might end up having to...

Yeah I'd hate to re-do the whole paintjob :\ I'll give it a test run and see how I like it.

Zenzeigan said:
:eek:

nice, cant wait to see how you add the serious battle damage, you just gonna, like, beat it up?

I got a jigsaw, dremel tool with wool brush attachment, Brillo pad and a screwdriver with Scar's name all over it. ;)

Cheers,
Kensai

I can't tell if thats a shot of it dried or not but i'd consider using a matte version of that color. For me IMHO the glossiness detracts a bit from it. Other than that, I think the color is pretty unique and a nice change from the typical mjolnir green and run of the mill color varients.

If you leave it as it is now, your could dry brush all of it with a bright orange, then a dark red, and you armor would be teh flaem!

I think you should let the color set a few days...
Add your battle damage, weather it, maybe splashes of dirt ect ect... make it look worn and used like you planned... then if it still doesn't suit your fancy.... scrap it
I'm planning on using white and I know it'll be really bright so I have to decided whether I want it brilliant shiny or add some dirt/worn effect

Jason 'Biff' H said:
I can't tell if thats a shot of it dried or not but i'd consider using a matte version of that color. For me IMHO the glossiness detracts a bit from it. Other than that, I think the color is pretty unique and a nice change from the typical mjolnir green and run of the mill color varients.

This is dried, yep,and they don't make a matte version of this color. I'm sure the flash is making it a little bit brighter than it appears.. it's really not that glossy.. i just have a bunch of heatlamps to bake in the color plus the flash. It is unique though...

leegrisham said:
I think you should let the color set a few days...
Add your battle damage, weather it, maybe splashes of dirt ect ect... make it look worn and used like you planned... then if it still doesn't suit your fancy.... scrap it
I'm planning on using white and I know it'll be really bright so I have to decided whether I want it brilliant shiny or add some dirt/worn effect

I'm going to weather the crap out of it... we'll see how it turns out. As for scrapping it.. lololol .. I'm not going to exactly toss $1100 out into a garbage can ^^ but I am currently getting a molded canon colored Mark VI. Scar is my baby and I dunno if I can ever let it go ^^

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Heh, I like the color. I bet I could spot you in your armor 4 States away :p

I bet you people could spot me from these helicopter rides they offer in town... lol

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm taking it to the airbrush shop and lets see what my artist comes up with. ^^
New pics either tonight or tomorrow night.

Cheers,
Kensai

UPDATE: They armor cured a much prettier color then the pictures suggest it's a neat green yellow hybrid. Unfortunately it looks like I was shooting for MC Green and failed... which is not true. The truth is I hate canon, which is why I resigned from the 501st in the first place. Saying only canon work "gets in" prohibits creativity which is something I love about the Halo Universe. Tons of colors (which my armor now fits those colors), tons of permutations and various combinations :) The armor turned out rugged and beautiful in a way, I'll be posting pics tomorrow. The airbrush artist, Adam Long, did an amazing job on the armor, I'm very pleased. :D

Little preview of the paintjob and detailing I've added on the suit. Note: For the chipping and scarring I haven't added the black shading that will be there. This is just a little proof of work in progress :)

Visor and padding are now installed
CIMG1872Small.jpg

Scar added
CIMG1873Small.jpg

Detail added
CIMG1874Small.jpg

And an extra special touch - Member 2101 Reporting for duty ;)
CIMG1875Small.jpg

Still gotta add some black to the battle damage, electronics, hinges for the chest, strappings, add my inner thigh detail and fiberglass my boots inside the MC boots. One day left 0.0 Thank god I work well under stress.

Cheers,
Kensai

My lord. that is AMAZING! the giant gash in the cheek portion looks extremely realistic. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
My lord. that is AMAZING! the giant gash in the cheek portion looks extremely realistic. I can't wait to see the finished product.

As of tomorrow night he'll be 100% ... if I don't kill myself trying to complete it first lol. Thanks for the comment Biff, Scar isn't a pansy.. he takes frags like a man... and needler shots, and spiker shots...plasma burns..bullets... etc ;). He's the Brock Samson of Spartans :D

Cheers,
Kensai

Edit: Oh and to add to the coolness, I carved the Scar out with a military issue switchblade.. the un-friendly kind. Figured it needed to be done right, with a manly man's tool. :)

The scar looks looks good!! Everything else coming along nicely! Are you still going to all the battle damage you talked about? It will take me all day Friday to get all my stufff complete! Looks like we are in stride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back