Scar The Just -- Kensai's Armor [100% Complete]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the support guys, I'm hammering it out :)

@Ronin - Good luck amigo! Yeah I intend on adding bullet holes, plasma burns and if I can find the materials at Lowes today I should be able to get my needler and spiker shots attached today :D

I SHOULD.. have complete pictures of the whole suit tonight, but strapping this all make take awhile and I need to be fresh and awake for tomorrow :) So at the very least I'll have pics tomorrow of me in action with some of the other forum members.

Cheers,
Kensai

USPS just pulled in... freaking schweet props Link :D :D

w00t for Magnum and dos frags (with complimentary stash space..) ;)

kensai111 said:
As of tomorrow night he'll be 100% ... if I don't kill myself trying to complete it first lol. Thanks for the comment Biff, Scar isn't a pansy.. he takes frags like a man... and needler shots, and spiker shots...plasma burns..bullets... etc ;). He's the Brock Samson of Spartans :D

Cheers,
Kensai

Edit: Oh and to add to the coolness, I carved the Scar out with a military issue switchblade.. the un-friendly kind. Figured it needed to be done right, with a manly man's tool. :)

heh good analogy. I was actually thinking Leonidas cross bred with half of chuck norris.. lol

how are you going about making needle and spike shots in the armor? the tried and true 'stab the knife in and twist' method?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason 'Biff' H said:
heh good analogy. I was actually thinking Leonidas cross bred with half of chuck norris.. lol

how are you going about making needle and spike shots in the armor? the tried and true 'stab the knife in and twist' method?

For the bullet holes I took a soda bottle cap, dremeled it in half, then cut out a hole in my armor and set the cap in, sealed it with hotglue and painted it black on the inside and gave it shading and depth. As for the spiker shots, hotglue sticks carved into points and sprayed with that textured spraypaint :) Needler shots I took those hot pink hotglue sticks, carved one end into a point and heated the other end and placed it on the armor where I wanted a needeler shot hanging out of.

Overlord_Ian said:
Nice! It looks wonderful, i want to make a helmet with the same scar on it now LOL.

It's copyrighted, sorry lol :p. We can't have "Gash The Righteous" running around now can we?

I'm almost done here at work guys.. *wipes brow* we're close. The fans I ordered never showed up so I ended up hitting the Radio Shack today and buying the materials to make my own should they not be here by tomorrow. Link's magnum and frags arrived perfectly today.. they are BOSS! Link... you're the man. Hopefully I can get everything finished tonight so I can post pics, if not I'll have plenty from AdventureCon.

Cheers,
Kensai

it's going to look great when it's finished! I like the scar, he takes the beating like a man!

Just a heads up - that can of HOK is a candy. a candy is basically a tinted clear with a pearl added. If, in the future, you want to change the color, but still like the yellow, change up your base coat color. If you went with an orange or a darker yellow, it would significantly change your final color. The only downside to this is that you'll probably need to do a couple of test swatches before you're ready to paint, since doing it blind would probably give you a color you don't want.

Armor does look awesome, btw.

Still a few tweaks left here and there as we all improve our armor over time. As for now, the armor is 100% complete. Picture extravaganza go!

Boots
CIMG1884Small.jpg

Shins
CIMG1885Small.jpg

The edges of the thighs are now sealed like the rest of the armor..
CIMG1886Small.jpg

Codpiece/Buttplate
CIMG1887Small.jpg

Chest/Backpack
CIMG1888Small.jpg

Closeup of Scar's nametag on the armor
CIMG1889Small.jpg

Bloodsplatter and handprint of dying soldier on chest.. gives him a little character and personality
CIMG1890Small.jpg

Left Forearm - the flash made that orange stuff appear in the picture.. it's not there on the armor
CIMG1893Small.jpg

Right Forearm
CIMG1894Small.jpg

Biceps With Seventh Column Decal
CIMG1903Small.jpg

Scar Side of Helmet
CIMG1891Small.jpg

Front View of Helmet
CIMG1892Small.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen .. Scar The Just, Reporting For Duty.
CIMG1910Small.jpg

Thanks to everyone on the forum for your support in this craft. I couldn't have done it without each and every one of you.

Cheers,
Kensai

WOW! It looks great, but it might be a good idea to but something behind his scar and paint silver on it aswell as black, just because damage needs to look like metal. Great job though, i love it, the colors look very unique!

Overlord_Ian said:
WOW! It looks great, but it might be a good idea to but something behind his scar and paint silver on it aswell as black, just because damage needs to look like metal. Great job though, i love it, the colors look very unique!

The fans are now installed behind the scar and silver was added. Guess you can't see it in the final pic of me wearing it but there are plenty of moving parts and whatnot back behind it thats what the cardboard struts you see in the picture were for :) Thanks Ian.

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
The fans are now installed behind the scar and silver was added. Guess you can't see it in the final pic of me wearing it but there are plenty of moving parts and whatnot back behind it thats what the cardboard struts you see in the picture were for :) Thanks Ian.

Cheers,
Kensai
Where are those needle shots?

Darkslitter said:
Where are those needle shots?

As I pointed out.. I'm still tweaking the armor.. as we all do over our lifetime but the overall construction is 100% complete :)

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
As I pointed out.. I'm still tweaking the armor.. as we all do over our lifetime but the overall construction is 100% complete :)

Cheers,
Kensai
Ok. I'm excited about them lol.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
christ man! excellent job! how long did it take to make this again?

Technically 9 months.. but for the last 3 months.. every day before work I worked on it for 2-3 hours and from midnight to 4am after work (all 7 days a week). Amen for no more waking up early working on it.. and working a 10hr shift just to come home and spend 4 more hours in the garage on it when all I want to do is sit down and relax. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Cheers,
Kensai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back