Scariest Horror Scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

imMonkeyGOD

With Halloween coming, I want to see some horror films. But other than that, which is the scariest scene from a movie that still scare you today? The only difference to this and the other thread is the other one are stories and these are movies. So go see if your scene is on Youtube and post on this thread!

Watch the Evil Dead series....
Its the best zombie/horror movie EVER... Plus it has Bruce Campbell it in... what more can you ask for :lol:

Edit: just though I'd add that in the second movie he gets his hand cut off and then proceeds to attach a chainsaw to it... you do the math... best horror movie EVER.

Any scene that had those funky aliens from "Mars Attack!" :p Those things freaked me out like no other as a kid.

In all truthfulness, I don't watch horror movies. Not my kind of thing.

In the early 80's the horror movie "The Howling" came to movie theaters and then passed on to appear on cable television (this is back when cable tv didn't play commercials). I was about eight or nine years old and when I couldn't sleep, I would turn on my television (we were fortunate as a family to have TVs and cable in our bedrooms). I turned on the TV and it just happened to be playing "The Howling". I didn't think it was all too terrifying until they played this scene:

OMG. I begged for my parents to move my bed away from the window for months. This thing tortured my imagination as a kid because you feel safe with other people, right? But not when other people can mutate on you. This and ANYTHING to do with the living dead - just scary stuff.

Incidentally, I watched this clip before including it in my post. I realize now it's so fake, but it really reaked havoc on my REM as a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont watch any scary things, I even change the channel if a commercial that previews a scary movie comes on. I cant play levels of Halo that contain the Flood if it's just me playing. Hell, I cant even watch Pixar's Finding Nemo by myself!

But I do recall accidentally seeing a commercial that still haunts me...it seriously chills me to the bone and makes my blood run cold just thinking about it.... it was a commercial for The Exorcist, the part where a girl was goin down the stairs backwards on her hands and feet......

Wow, just typing that brought tears to my eyes.... I really wish I wasnt alone right now.... SOMEONE HOLD ME! :cry:

BlacRoseImmortal said:
I dont watch any scary things, I even change the channel if a commercial that previews a scary movie comes on. I cant play levels of Halo that contain the Flood if it's just me playing. Hell, I cant even watch Pixar's Finding Nemo by myself!

But I do recall accidentally seeing a commercial that still haunts me...it seriously chills me to the bone and makes my blood run cold just thinking about it.... it was a commercial for The Exorcist, the part where a girl was goin down the stairs backwards on her hands and feet......

Wow, just typing that brought tears to my eyes.... I really wish I wasnt alone right now.... SOMEONE HOLD ME! :cry:

I'm in the same boat as you! I change the TV channel when I see horror movie commercials. Once I saw one for "The Ring" and couldn't sleep all night! I'm not as extreme as not watching "Finding Nemo", but still :p

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a wimp. I just have sensible standards. I think if I had an supernatural arsenal of weapons to defend myself, I would be able to sit through any scary movie - no problemo - any scary situation for that matter.:lol: But the reality of it is, these scary things do not fit nicely into my laid-back and relaxed way of life. I simply do not want to be touched, breathed on, smiled at, spoken to, stabbed, bitten, shot, sliced or even in the same vicinity as a monster or any dead thing mimicking living actions.

Skullcandy Girl said:
I ALWAYS have hated that Tree from Poltergeist!! I had so many nightmares as a kid about that thing *shivers*
I watched Poltergeist with my mom when I was little. BIG mistake.

resident evil the first one it was some scary $#!T
i think i got th you tube thing right

The kitchen scene in Poltergeist is AWESOME.

The final scene in the original Hellraiser is one of my top scenes ever. The guy gets pulled apart by Pinheads hooks, but right before, he just looked at the main girl and said "Jesus wept..." and then exploded.

Any scene from any Evil Dead.

And of corse...every minute of both Ghostbuster movies. I know thats not really a scary one, but its halloween and i have an obsession. Leave me alone.

The scene in Resident Evil 2 where you are aimlessly walking through a police interrogation room and a licker jumps through the glass from the other side for no damn reason. That mixed with a young age+night=bad.

How_Many_Licks_by_The_Switcher.jpg

BlacRoseImmortal said:
it was a commercial for The Exorcist, the part where a girl was goin down the stairs backwards on her hands and feet......

Oh GOD I hated that scene. I'd never seen the Exorcist until a few years back, and I mostly just found it entertaining up until that part. I jumped up from the couch and screams "OH WHAT THE HELL!?"

Otherwise, I enjoyed watching horror movies for the longest time, because they never scared me. Not even mentally. Then I started working overnight security...walking around dark, empty buildings at night. I couldn't bring myself to watch anything that was considered 'horror'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back