Scrapped The Old - Made Some New!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tater Mane

After many screw ups with the past pieces, I decided just to scrap it all and start over.

Right now I'm just worried about getting the scaling down, I need to know if these pieces look to be the right size.

100_3672.jpg

100_3669.jpg

100_3671.jpg

I will (try to remember to) update this thread constantly.

The handplate looks a bit small even on a bare hand. Wear your glove and put the plate over it again so that we can better judge its size. and scaling.

The bicep and the handplate look like a good size. I think the forearm is a bit too small. The plate by the elbow is suppose to go past your elbow, about 1-2 inches past your own elbow. Great work though.

*EDIT: The handplate is good trust me, the hand plate is only suppose to be cover the back of your palm and and a bit of your knuckles. Well if you want to wear it like Master Chief does. All you have to do is move the end that I marked with red in the picture have it over your wrist. So it will be good.

100_3672.png

Thanks for the input peoples.

So the biceps stay, the forearms need to be a bit bigger, and I'm not sure about the hand plates. If the forearms get bigger, the hand plates would look tiny compared to them. I guess if I were to make them bigger, the bulk of the gloves would fill them out.

IMO your forearms are correct and your biceps are a little too large maybe a half inch to inch too big.
Check my armor progress thread to see my study of MC and you'll see why I think its too big.
My Thread

To show you what I mean about the forearm. I have a render I made quite a while ago, that shows the how the forearm plate is.

Nobody1994_Angle_4_by_Keablr.png

iKeablr said:
To show you what I mean about the forearm. I have a render I made quite a while ago, that shows the how the forearm plate is.

Nobody1994_Angle_4_by_Keablr.png

Yes but you have to remember that the 3D model in game will intersect.. Something that is impossible in real life. If he makes them longer, they will bump the bicep when he bends his arm..
Remember the kid who couldn't eat his sandwich at a con (in red armor) because he couldn't bend his arms.

You have to sacrifice form for function sometimes. :D
I mean, have you seen a human that has shoulders as wide as the chief's?? Nope

Last edited by a moderator:
CPU64 said:
Yes but you have to remember that the 3D model in game will intersect.. Something that is impossible in real life. If he makes them longer, they will bump the bicep when he bends his arm..
Remember the kid who couldn't eat his sandwich at a con (in red armor) because he couldn't bend his arms.

You have to sacrifice form for function sometimes. :D
I mean, have you seen a human that has shoulders as wide as the chief's?? Nope

You are absolutely correct... On Halo 3 launch I didn't have the forearms completely cured... and from bending my arm... they got indented from the biceps... because in game it would just intersect... That's probably why Adam wears his up a little higher...

Last edited by a moderator:
They may need to be custom fitted, lengthwise and width, unless the handplates go from knuckles to wrist and side to side. In that case, it should be all right.

I think everything is just right, because the game models just go right through each other. Keep up the good work!

Oh and to the guy with the render of master chief... where did you get the texture? all i have is the bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back