Scratch-built Btech Locust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma LS

Sr Member
Reading Elvis's thread about his sweet TOS shuttle I thought I'd share my own little scratch-built miniature I finished this weekend after starting it way back in January.

This is made out of epoxy putty, alluminum pipe, my xbox's old processor heat sink, a couple plastic bits and 2 thumbtacks. It is N-scale to outfit my big mech forces and work with common railroad terrain for sweet Battletech games.

It is the 3020's version of this (I made it a cross between the Z-scale mini and the drawing)
http://sarna.net/wiki/Locust

And to see it's true size.

Wow, that's awesome!

I always wanted to get into tabletop Btech, but never got the chance. I only got to play the MechWarrior/Commander games.

The 25th anniversary box set is coming out in the next month or 2.

For the price of a new xbox game you get rules, maps, dice, and 27 mech minis. So it's a good time to be a new player.

Alternatively I find myself using the big scale stuff from the 2003-2007 clickytech game recently as it's better for terrain tables and you can pick up the minis dirt cheap on ebay. In fact a complete set of over 400 minis with mechs, vehicles, battle armor, and infantry went for less than $90 about 3 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back