Props Scratch Made Halo Reach Dmr W.I.P.(Rebuild Pg2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna actually put a decent amount of time into this one, my past 2 props (m6g, ma37) took about 2-3 days each. But this one is gonna be different. Im gonna attempt to [ut as much detail into this as possible with the materials I have at my disposal.

Right now its just at the template stage, I will be uploading more through the night, I'm gonna more build pics than I did for my last two props

Template
IMG_0420.jpg

Bit of an Update. got a good bit completed

IMG_0421.jpg

cut out the base shape and started making the gun 32mm in width,( i make my props hollow instead of layering to save on material)
IMG_0422.jpg

Just basic shaping and stuffs
IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Started doing doing the triangle details
IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

and this is where im at now.
IMG_0429.jpg

Lol well remember when i said im gonna take my time on this? lol well working nonstop all night I've gotten pretty far ha.

A bit a primer so you guys can see the triangles good.
IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Did work on that front grill part thing (idk what its called ha)
IMG_0436.jpg

More Primer lol
IMG_0437.jpg

And heres where im at now, added the crappy barrels, gonna redo them sometime.
IMG_0442.jpg

Sorry for the double post, But the basic construction is done, gotta shape the grip a bit more, a bit of detail on the foregrip, then scope on mag, then its ready for paint! :D
IMG_0447.jpg

Thanks THRILL

i just finished the prop just now, ha 14+ straight hours of nonstop work, all done in 1 night lol
Heres the finished product, (excluding the mag)
IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best looking DMR's i have seen in a while. And finnished really quick as well. Took me a good week to finnish my halo 3 magnum, and it looks like crap compared to this, but thats becuase that what it is.

Completely new rebuild.

I thought to myself, "Hey my dmr came out decent, why not make a new better one?"

Basic shape
IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Starting grip and foregrip
IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

Spot Puttying the triangle details
IMG_0531.jpg

Some more spot putty
IMG_0535.jpg

Gave it a layer of primer to see where it needed to be smoothed.
IMG_0538.jpg

and this is where im at now
IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

epicness never looked so good nice work with the scratchbuilding did you draw the design your self???

sorry for the lack of updates, my iphone camera messed up so i had to send it in, once i get it back i'll post up dates first thing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back