Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdstainer

Jr Member
001-3.jpg
002-5.jpg
003-3.jpg
004-5.jpg

Here's the next project. Very early in the smoothing game, but I really love this helmet. I hope it comes out as well as I've seen the others'.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, this is a really nice CQB.... hehe (gonna make one too lol)

Ok, my opinion, sand down that pointy part on the very top, it kinda ruins the already perfect look ;D

And make some of the details more, exact (can't find the word for it) the thing you put on the forehead kinda looks tilted, or is it just me?

Anyhow, great work so far... :D

Your sanding is lookin fantastic se7en!! I'm sure at the rate you're going it'll turn out just as good as all the others! I love how the CQB helm is so smooth already even before bondo! It's so convenient! :D

Macattack64 said:
What is that, that you are using for the details? the layered ones?
I used mat board, but I started that before I found the details available in pep from Robogenesis.
Thanks, everyone. I have barely started, but I wanted to throw something up initially. Can't seem to get myself back into the rest of the armor just yet. Hah. It has some more bondo on now, but i ran outta sand paper.
Centerside, I used mat board for that piece on the forehead too. It doesn't appear tilted to me, but it does have a huge glob of hardened resin that I must have missed. Kinda hard to get rid of now. Bummer...

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Seriously, slow down! xP
It's hard to slow down! HAHA! I've been tapped out of inspiration for anything artistic for quite some time, then I stumbled into this medium...I'd never attempted anything 3d before, let alone costuming and prop making, and I absolutely love it. It helps that I currently don't have a job now, so I have all this free time. lol When I start working again then I'll slow down...

HA! I knew you were crankin these masterpieces out way too fast for soemone with a job! lol I wish I could just sit at home and build sweet armor :cautious:

/Jealousy

BlacRoseImmortal said:
HA! I knew you were crankin these masterpieces out way too fast for soemone with a job! lol I wish I could just sit at home and build sweet armor :cautious:

/Jealousy
I wish I could afford to, honestly. It's only for the meantime, until I find more gainful employment. Heh. Until that time comes, here are some more updates...i don't have a cutting blade for my dremel, so that pesky fiberglass is still sticking out everywhere. Sorry it ain't purtier yet...​

002-6.jpg
001-4.jpg
003-4.jpg

005-3.jpg
004-6.jpg

006-3.jpg

dude that helmets kicks ass already! i am making a smooth CQB right now as well i have gotten it almost all the way put together then i am off to fiber glass and bondo it. Also how does that mat board stuff work for the detail good or bad? (guessing good by the pics)

in need of MC armor said:
dude that helmets kicks ass already! i am making a smooth CQB right now as well i have gotten it almost all the way put together then i am off to fiber glass and bondo it. Also how does that mat board stuff work for the detail good or bad? (guessing good by the pics)
Dude, I dunno yet. Heh! It was a random though during consrtuction, and I figured why not? I think it works well for the piece on the front of the helmet, but the back? Pretty sure it'll still be covered in bondo before too long. I didn't cut it like the game model, so I fear I'll have to fix that. such is life, i guess.... :) Good luck with your build too!

Wow...all of these CQB's is making me jealous...I think I will jump on the bandwagon and join the rest of you and make a CQB as well...

But yeah, I think you might have to slow down a bit...you are working to fast!! Keep it up and keep us posted on your work!!

WetOkole said:
Wow...all of these CQB's is making me jealous...I think I will jump on the bandwagon and join the rest of you and make a CQB as well...

But yeah, I think you might have to slow down a bit...you are working to fast!! Keep it up and keep us posted on your work!!

Dude, it's your fault. lol I love yours, it is meticulously perfect IMO, smooth and beautiful. I may end up picking your brain if you don't mind. I already have some trouble spots... :unsure:

p0rtalman, thank you. I really appreiciate it!

LastSpartan said:
I vote (again) for eliteness!

Mind if I ask how you did the recessed area?

Gosh, I need free time too.

Thanks! But it's far from finished...Basically, I mapped out the details that I knew were to be raised (or recessed) with a pen or sharpie and added bondo, mixed hot. When it was just starting to harden (while it's still sort of pliable, soft, whatever) I took a knife to it and cut away the excess near to where my drawn details were, and that left reasonably clean lines. After it hardened, i sanded away the rough edges and voila! we have detail. For some parts though, like the side (which isn't finished yet) I'll have to build up bondo, sand, draw in the parts that need detail work and cut them away with my dremel. That should be done tonight. If anyone reading this has a better or easier formula, please let me know. :D

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
We might as well just stick any creation thread this guy makes into the Elite Showcase, he is legendary at this stuff!

Thanks very much! But I need completed work before that's even a possiblity. The sentiment is still very much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back