Soft Parts Sean Anwalt's Reach Mk. V undersuit build

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:
Ok, I made the silly thing too big. Like... TOO BIG...

Standby for technical difficulties...

EDIT: There will be a brief intermission of the construction of the under- suit. I made the thing too big, and as a result there are a lot of bunches and folds, and the whole thing becomes quite....UN-family friendly. I now understand why TurboCharizard layers up the way he does... All my pictures would have been a little too *risquè* for the 405th.

I'll be back.

Last edited:
the whole thing becomes quite....UN-family friendly. I now understand why TurboCharizard layers up the way he does...
Does a dance belt, pair of boxer briefs and literally nothing else count as layering up?

Depending on how much extra material there is and where it's located you could use it to your advantage and add an underlying muscle suit using upholstery foam.

So, as I write this I admit defeat. Sewing sucks noodles, and it's mor my cup of tea. HOWEVER! I *was* able to finally get done details in place, using the patterns I made from scratch by hand. Huge shout out to my significant others who helped, and especially that unnamed someone who, when all else had failed, actually grabbed a sharpie and drew on the butt of the undersuit. (No, Dirtdives, I did NOT follow TurboCharizard's example and take pictures of the process.)

I an sorry it has taken such a long time to get posted. I ended up going through three different rough drafts, but now I have the final version.

This is not how I had intended it, but after many arguments with the machine, looots of frustration, and at one point, tears, gis u.s wishy I've decided:

I put on the suit. For those wishing to emulate this particular method, put it on inside out. I then had someone trace the pattern of the detail on the fabric with a gray sharpie. Then I took the under suit off and placed pins through the line so I could trace it on the inside, and traced the detail in black sharpie. (That's why you should wear it inside out....)
20190412_170157.jpg

On each line I then pinched the fabric and stitched super close to the line, resulting in a thin line on the outside of the suit.
20190416_151714.jpg

Inside face ^

20190416_151800.jpg

Outside face ^

It's bunched together in the pictures because it is going to be stretched when worn.

The reason I went two-toned was to trace the pattern on the fabric, cut it out, and use those cut outs as the new patterns to assemble the undersuit. In the end, though I said "screw that, stupid sewing", and "this is taking too long", so I'm going to have to stick with this as is.

Your significant "Others" as in plural.........you have a harem? Looks.....interesting so far. Just keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back