Sean Bradley's Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
I have this posted in various wierd places, so I thought maybe I'd collect it somewhere more centrally located for easy access. I've been contacted by a few people here who couldn't find it.

So heres the best info and pictures of my sword, compiled nice and neat... enjoy. It's probably old news to most of you, but theres lots of new members who didn't know where to look.

I started this project in October of 2005 as a accessory for the Spartan armor I was making for Halloween. I completed a simplistic version of the sword in January of that year. I picked up the project again in January of this year at Redsleighdowns request for a fully functioning Energy Sword prop.

I actually used EL wire for this, just two six foot sections encased inside the plexiglass blades. The plexiglass is frosted from the outside so the whole blade glows a bit, but still gives it that lightning looking pattern. 2.3 mm EL wire is about $1.15 per foot, and the power inverters are about $9 each. For EL wire go to http://www.vibelights.com Best prices on the net.

The handle is sculpted and molded. I used Chavant Medium clay. I should also fess up that I made a 'pre' form of the handle in clay, then molded it, cast it in plaster, and carved all the tight detail in that. I re-molded the detailed plaster model, and now I can pull my final resin copies.

And heres what it looks like done:
power-off.jpg

power-on.jpg

3EnergySwordPic1.jpg

3EnergySwordPic3.jpg

3EnergySwordPic2.jpg

Heres the comprehensive gallery hosted over at Halo.Bungie.Org for more pictures, in high resolution: http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=18797

Heres the final video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGW3cQk5m28

For more useful tidbits of info, check throughout these threads:

http://mjolnirarmor.com/forums/viewtopic.p...asc&start=0
http://mjolnirarmor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=246

Sean Bradley said:
I picked up the project again in January of this year at Redsleighdowns request for a fully functioning Energy Sword prop.

You're welcome buddy ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I oughta finally put it in your hands, huh. You've been waiting all this time! Oh it's gonna be heartache to put that baby in a box, The seperation anxiety is gonna kill me!

LOL. I'll be shipping it ASAP. I have one last thing to do to it, then it's all yours!

And then I can start the Halo 3 sword! :hyper:

Guess I should have asked for the year when you said end of Feb. But hey, its worth a wait for this type of quality item.

For the h3 sword, you gonna change the blade design at all?

For the Halo 3 sword you should add all the Covenant glyphs on the edges of the hilt. I can post pictures up later.

The H3 sword will have all new handle detailing and blades shape. The electronics will be re-done to add the tiny lights in the handle, but the EL wire will essentially be the same, unless I find a closer match to the Halo 3 sword shimmer...

IDK if any of you saw it in the customs in the beta, but the lighting effect is slightly different. The light moves in waves up and down the blade... thats going to be nearly impossible to re-create. I am still very confident in the lighting effect I curently have installed... simply because it is VERY authentic to the H2 sword... oh, and I don't have access to alien technology. :mrgreen:

I'm also considering making some glowing handles for the 'holstered on your leg' effect.. Thats sooo damn coool looking in H3!

Sean Bradley said:
IDK if any of you saw it in the customs in the beta, but the lighting effect is slightly different. The light moves in waves up and down the blade... thats going to be nearly impossible to re-create.

You could study how it is done in the MR lightsabers and just loop it.

glad your sword is posted here. it still looks nice. :p
Also, good luck on the H3 sword. It's gonna be a pain in the butt.

Thats a good place to start, thatnks Red! :clap:

I've never seen them in person.. is there lighting effect animated this way? I'll check into it.

Redsleighdown said:
Sean Bradley said:
IDK if any of you saw it in the customs in the beta, but the lighting effect is slightly different. The light moves in waves up and down the blade... thats going to be nearly impossible to re-create.

arent the lightsabers just like lit up stiks or do they like acually glow like sticks but arnt solid.

Sean Bradley said:

Thats a good place to start, thatnks Red! :clap:

I've never seen them in person.. is there lighting effect animated this way? I'll check into it.

I have a few but haven't looked inside so i'm not sure exactly how its done other than there are multiple lighted sements. But yes, its an animated light up from base to end, then end to base when turned off.

Want a price from anyone?

Classifieds
Buy Sell and Trade things. You want to buy, post here, you want to sell, post here. No mass produced items allowed, you can only sell single items, that you no longer use. No copyrighted material. MjolnirArmor.com does not SELL ARMOR!

Sales are only done through PM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back