Searched Threads - Helmet Help Before Resin/bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennSP13

To start off, this is my son's last Halloween and he wanted me to make an awesome costume. We decided on Halo armor. After a little research, I decided on foam armor but a pep helmet. So after many nights of coming home from work and cutting pieces then finally gluing, I was a little unsure of the size. It fits over his head but afraid that it may be uncomfortable. Attached is a photo but I'm trying to figure out the best way to possibly cut it to widen the sides a little. Has anyone attempted this or have advice as to where I should try to expand?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 269
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 234
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 209
Simple (but probably unwelcome) answer would be to re-do the form. It's very annoying to have to re-do a project due to poor scaling (believe me, I know that well enough), but getting that sweet spot means you don't risk messing with the helmet proportions or making it look oddly stretched along a certain axis. We do have some test files on the Archive that you should probably look into before going the full hog with a HD piece - they take much less time to fabricate and they retain the same basic proportions, so you'll be able to throw one together in an afternoon to test the fit before going ahead with the 'final' build.

This is of course even assuming the fit is poor to begin with - if you have a finger's-width of room on either side you should be fine, but I'd suggest perhaps two fingers just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back