Searching for Viking helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox 2k

Hey,

now that I made a halo and a predator helmet with pepakura, I want to make a helmet of a viking for carnival. But I can`t find any files which are similar to a viking helmet.
Has anybody seen some or Can help me finding one?

greetz
fox_2_k

If you're going for a historical helmet, forget the crazy ones you see with horns. Most Vikings wouldn't have had a helmet in the first place, but the ones that did exist were simple caps made out of steel or leather. Think of a baseball hat with no brim and you've got the idea.

If you're going for a historical helmet, forget the crazy ones you see with horns. Most Vikings wouldn't have had a helmet in the first place, but the ones that did exist were simple caps made out of steel or leather. Think of a baseball hat with no brim and you've got the idea.

...and if you are thinking of one with horns, why not just sratch build it? The cap itself shouldn't be too much of a problem and the horns can surely be bought somewhere and glued on.

http://historyshop.piratemerch.com/images/300366_viking_helmet.jpg

but there are some that look a more intense than just a baseball cap without a brim, more like a baseball cap without a brim along with some eyepieces and some straps in the back and a chin guard...

But yeah, today vikings are POORLY portrayed by television and toy companies. My great great great great etc grandfather was a norse viking and he had an epic knight like helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back