Second Pep Build, Also A Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosman23

So, I did my first pep build about a week or so ago, which was a grenade. I wanted to start with a ODST helm, but it was WAY too menacing as a start. Well I threw myself to the wolves and built it. I used the Rookie ODST by rundown... holy cow its an awesome helmet. I will be doing more pieces tomorrow, took almost a week to finish the helmet. I hope to have it all done by Haloween. so here are the pics.

I started by cutting ALL the pieces out.... There is an ODST in there somewhere...

CIMG1052.jpg

Partial Test fit.

CIMG1072.jpg

almost there.

CIMG1082.jpg

Side view.

CIMG1083.jpg

Done at last.

CIMG1098.jpg

CIMG1099.jpg

CIMG1100.jpg

CIMG1101.jpg

This section absolutely drove me insane. I am still upset about this part, and I may just fill it all in and sand it down.

CIMG1102.jpg

Final wear test.

CIMG1104.jpg

CIMG1104.jpg

I have a wrecked helmet I plan on gutting and using the pads on the inside to help with fitment. Its a bit tight, but I will fix it when I resin it. Hope ya enjoy.

Dm.

CIMG1104.jpg

I noticed your having a hard time with making that. Talk to a member named Ral Partha. He has an unfold of that exact same helmet that is much eaiser to build without fustration.

Impressive! It's a great helmet once you get it done. Glad to see other people attempting this one, and succeeding. :D

yeah, I had some trouble with it. Im not too worried about warpage... I think I can take care of most of it when I finish it. That center part though directly above the visor....GRRR....Angryface.

Welcome to the 405th!

You're off to great start with this! Youur folds are very clean and there's only the tiniest bit of warpage - but that can be fixed with bondo I'm sure!

Congrats on the excellent work and good luck with further progress! Can't wait to see more bud! :]

update:

Well, I got the helmet resined, Fiberglassed, and primed. probably gonna start sanding soon. I had a BIG (or little for that matter) problem with scaling all my other pieces... if any of you are of the hobbit sized proportion, let me know. here are some pics.

CIMG1110.jpg

CIMG1112.jpg

CIMG1113.jpg

CIMG1114.jpg

CIMG1115.jpg

well, I got some more work done.. Not much but some. got the visor cut out, and started bondo-ing.

CIMG1126.jpg

CIMG1125.jpg

CIMG1124.jpg

CIMG1116.jpg

I hate Sanding.

Great job, especially for one of your first builds. I just started a thread yesterday and I have a couple of ODST helmets in it as well. I'm not using the same file, but it looks like you did an amazing job, especially considering you're a beginner. Keep up the good work man.

well, I finished my helmet. All I have to do is paint it. Any tips on what paints work best?

CIMG1127.jpg

CIMG1128.jpg

CIMG1129.jpg

my buck that I will vacuform my visor from.

CIMG1132.jpg

I should have my chest pepped tomorrow, and will bang out some more pieces on weds. will keep you updated.

well, for all intensive purposes the helmet is done. I added the final paint to it just recently. Its safe to say, this guy has seen some action. All I need to do is form the visor and it will be 100% complete, with the exception of padding. I also started my chest piece, should have that at least resined tonight.

Cheers.

CIMG1138.jpg

CIMG1139.jpg

CIMG1140.jpg

CIMG1141.jpg

CIMG1137.jpg

Looking freaking awesome dude! That paint job really brought it together. Can't wait to see what it will look like with the visor installed!! Great Job!!

-Loki

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back