Selling Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are threads on this, please look through the forum before you post.

To answer you, it is illegal if you are selling on a large scale (mass production) or if you are using pepakura.

Sarge Christi said:
There are threads on this, please look through the forum before you post.

To answer you, it is illegal if you are selling on a large scale (mass production) or if you are using pepakura.

What difference does it make if you're using pepakura?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ok to sell a few things at a time, like privatly or on ebay, but if you try selling like 50 on ebay or somewhere major, then it becomes illegal, but still techically it is illegal no matter what, better to deal privatly in email/forums.

Go read in the forums, guys. It's all there, in fact, we had a big discussion about this before 405th.com was 405th.com (when is was mjolnirarmor.com).
Pepakura is taken DIRECTLY from Halo.

Molded armor or cardboard armor, is hand made.

Sarge Christi said:
Go read in the forums, guys. It's all there, in fact, we had a big discussion about this before 405th.com was 405th.com (when is was mjolnirarmor.com).
Pepakura is taken DIRECTLY from Halo.

Molded armor or cardboard armor, is hand made.

Well I would assume that the wrong doing is on the part of the one who reverse-engineered the game to extract the model files... I didn't get anything from halo, I got a pdo file from somewhere :), either way I'm not planning on selling anything...

Jim said:
Well I would assume that the wrong doing is on the part of the one who reverse-engineered the game to extract the model files... I didn't get anything from halo, I got a pdo file from somewhere :), either way I'm not planning on selling anything...

unfortunately, I'm afraid its still their copyrighted design. Its the same as the way a random toy company can't start making and selling 'Halo' toys without permission. i doesn't matter where they got their moulds from, they are still making money of Bungie's design/game/popularity without permission. and we all know M$ wouldn't be to happy out that. ;) (he slags Microsoft using Microsoft Internet explorer on a PC using Microsoft XP. ahh, irony (come on, plz someone tell me that its not exactly irony, i really want to use the rvb line))

If you do it in a small community like this you should be ok though, it isnt like you're mass making these suits and selling in toys r us for small kids during halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back