sh0ck cp sh0ck's custom build

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh0ck cp sh0ck

Lads and Ladies of the 405th, you don't know me, I'm certain, but I know a fair number of you. This thread, as well as this project, is sort of going to be my proper introduction to the site and to this community. I don't expect much recognition or success, but building armor has taken up about a year of my life now, and I want to share what I've done with all of you.

As I just said, I've been making armor for upwards of one year now, and I'm ready to start taking on my first challenge: a full suit of armor, equipment and all. It's not going to be a single permutation set, so here's what I want to try for now:

Mark VI Helmet​
EVA right bicep​
Mark VI Chest piece​
Recon right bicep​
Normal right forearms​
Normal cod piece​
Normal left forearms​
Normal right thigh piece​
Normal left thigh piece​
Normal shins​
Normal shins​
Normal boots​
Normal boots​

Also...

Battle rifle and Sniper rifle (trying to find a Reach sniper pep file, but it's proving harder then thought), two frag grenades, and other goodies like lights and a touch pad on the left forearm.

*Note: If you see this note, know that I will put the specific pieces and their creators up later

I start the concept of this project here, and throughout its' creation I will post development pictures consistently and update you all on its' progress. By the time its' finished, hopefully somewhere from six months to a year from now (I plan on taking my sweet time), I will have made a name for myself and these kinds of builds will become regular for me. But for a guy who's done nothing for a year other then pep pieces, which are slowly decaying in my basement, it is a monumental task. I hope to have some followers of the project and that I will receive your help and support throughout this whole process. Thanks for taking the time to listen to me!

I will be posting a few pictures of my only completely pepped piece, the right forearm, soon.

Sounds an awful lot like you've been doing the same I have haha! Lurkkiinngg
I very much look forward to seeing this build and any subsequent ones :)
It seem's you've got a good gameplan on the go, and that only leads to success.
Good luck with the build and keep us updated, I'll be keepin my eye out ^_^

- X.

Dev update #1:

Alright, the first steps always gotta start somewhere, right?

I've printed and arranged all the cardstock sheets for each piece of the torso half of the armor, including the helmet. I would edit my original post and put the specific names of each piece, but I'm too damn lazy ATM. And I PROMISE that I will have pictures up, maybe not tomorrow (Christmas), but definitely by New Years. Things have been pretty hectic around my house

Thanks for listening
-sh0ck

Man I need to get on the forums more often... The idea sounds really cool, I only see one set of permutations from most builds.

Sounds like you have a plan, get some pictures posted up soon so this thread stays alive and you will get plenty of followers

I'm not one to break promises. So I have a question for the more experienced forum members:

Where would be the best place to buy aqua resin online, and how much would I need to make a full suit?

(PS: I changed some of the permutations, check the first post)

Re-post

So apparently, it won't let me edit my old post. What a shame. Anyway, this is the finalized version (the only change was to go with a Mk. V(B) helmet instead of a Mk. VI

Lads and Ladies of the 405th, you don't know me, I'm certain, but I know a fair number of you. This thread, as well as this project, is sort of going to be my proper introduction to the site and to this community. I don't expect much recognition or success, but building armor has taken up about a year of my life now, and I want to share what I've done with all of you.

As I just said, I've been making armor for upwards of one year now, and I'm ready to start taking on my first challenge: a full suit of armor, equipment and all. It's not going to be a single permutation set, so here's what I want to try for now:

Mark V(B) Helmet​
EVA right bicep​
Mark VI Chest piece​
Recon right bicep​
Normal right forearms​
Normal cod piece​
Normal left forearms​
Normal right thigh piece​
Normal left thigh piece​
Normal shins​
Normal shins​
Normal boots​
Normal boots​

Also...

Battle rifle and Sniper rifle (trying to find a Reach sniper pep file, but it's proving harder then thought), two frag grenades, and other goodies like lights and a touch pad on the left forearm.

*Note: If you see this note, know that I will put the specific pieces and their creators up later

I start the concept of this project here, and throughout its' creation I will post development pictures consistently and update you all on its' progress. By the time its' finished, hopefully somewhere from six months to a year from now (I plan on taking my sweet time), I will have made a name for myself and these kinds of builds will become regular for me. But for a guy who's done nothing for a year other then pep pieces, which are slowly decaying in my basement, it is a monumental task. I hope to have some followers of the project and that I will receive your help and support throughout this whole process. Thanks for taking the time to listen to me!

I will be posting a few pictures of my only completely pepped piece, the right forearm, soon.

Dev update #2:

Here are the pictures of the right forearm that I promised:

downsize2.jpg

downsize1.jpg

downsize.jpg

I know it's a little small and I may have to re-do it (it was scaled -30% from original size), for now, I'll keep it. We'll see what happens after resin and fiberglassing the piece.

And yes, my kitchen is messy.

-sh0ck

Attachments

• downsize2.jpg
    downsize2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 143
  • downsize1.jpg
    downsize1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 133
  • downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 114
Sorry for the lack of posts guys, pepping is taking too damn long. You would think I have some free time since it's the holidays, but it's quite the opposite. I'm currently working on pepping the right bicep, and then moving onto the helmet. After that, I suspect the torso, but I'm still debating.

Stay with me on this one guys, and I promise, I'll deliver.

I will keep my eye on this one. It sounds just crazy enough to work. good luck and welcome to the 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back