Status
Not open for further replies.

izabel

Event: 3rd Philippine Cosplay Convention

Date: March 27, 2010

=====

What a day!

We came in as Predators. woohoo!

I was "She-Predator Machiko" and I was with my cosplay partner Don Robert as "Chopper Predator". Actually, he originally had this predator costume way,way back. It's Wolf actually but we kinda modified it a bit. We added details of Chopper, modified the paint a bit, etc. His mask is like 6yrs old already. When I saw his mask, I told him I want a Pred cos so he made me one sine we're partners now. haha. :wub

We came in late for the event at around 1pm because up until 11am we were still finishing details and painting the costumes. whew! Then we were still thinking if we would either go to the Sony event in Glorietta or at PCC. In the end, we decided to go to PCC because it's too risky to go to Glorietta since too little info were given by the organizers.

We actually have two pair costumes with us and I have 2 more. LOL. It's our trademark. haha! Other cosplayers call us Imba. :lol

Our line-up was supposedly:

1. Predators

2. Ironman - Black Widow

3. Black Cat

4. Kakashi SNJ (spare only)

But in the end, we didn't had any chance to change anymore because after coming out as Predators for the catwalk then spending a few hours for photo ops, we were told that we were included in the top 20 finalists. I was surprised really because I never expected it. :thumbsup yay!

So we didn't change anymore as there would be an interview portion for the finalists. We didin't win but as I've said during the Q & A portion its already an honor being included in the top 20 because I wasn't really expecting it. For me, people appreciating the costumes we make and telling us how great they are are enough reward for all those sleepless nights we spend making the costumes.

Bert and I are happy with the outcome of our costumes although some kids cried when they saw us. wah! haha! A lot of people recognized us and were a bit amazed. Hey , I think it's the first time they saw these epic costumes again.

I'm also happy that it suited me - the character, the make-up, the tandem. I guess we really make a good pair noh? LOL. It has always been our trademark - complimenting or pair costumes. :rolleyes

My plasma canon got drained before the catwalk. LOL. It was suppose to move via RC. The battery got drained. :( So during the catwalk the supposedly "gimmick" was no more. haha. Next time...we promise. Sir Eric! Thanks for the mechanism! :happy

I has difficulty with make-up too. haha. I don't do goth make-ups really. But since I consider myself an artist i tried. It turned out well too. I think I looked like the reference (a bit). hehehe.

The hair was hard too since i need to braid it for "the look". I had to wake up really early for this.

We really had fun. We saw our friends there again - cosplayers and photogs. We also met new friends. :happy

We will still upgrade a few more things on our Predator costumes. And I'm very glad that it really worked out well.

PREDATORS RULE!!!!!

RRRAAAWWWWWRRRR!!!!

For more photos: you may view them in my DA predator gallery album - Predators in DA or in my multiply site - Izabel's Multiply

=====

the reference:

25271_10150140774880237_865525236_11487832_7170259_n.jpg

She_Predator_Machiko_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Machiko_and_Chopper_by_izabelcortez.jpg

We_are_Predators_by_izabelcortez.jpg

The_Predators_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Chopper_and_Machiko_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Where_do_we_begin__by_izabelcortez.jpg

Let__s_find_Aliens_by_izabelcortez.jpg

my partner - Chopper

25271_10150140766775237_865525236_11487594_408343_n.jpg

LOL. with Harry Potter!

Machiko_and_Harry_Potter_by_izabelcortez.jpg

We'll use Harry as bait for the Aliens. hahaha!

Alien_Bait_by_izabelcortez.jpg

P.S. We have a lot to add, modify and upgade on these costumes. I still need to find a net or probably make one for this. We are also planning to create a group where we will all be Predators as we were inspired by the video we saw in youtube of the Hunter's Lair cosplay group. SO awesome. :)

I also hope to learn a lot here so we can make better costumes of Predators. I'm actually planning to do Sheela - the warrior predator next. :) I'll appreciate any advice people can give me here. :D

In the Shadows

In_the_Shadows_by_izabelcortez.jpg

=====

here is my catwalk video from youtube:

The PREDATOR'S Catwalk @ the 3rd PCC 2010 (03.27.10)

We're at the last around #152+.

Here is another video for the costume.

She-Predator Machiko

brashsculptor said:
Outstanding work! WOW!

This makes me want to build some Pred stuff. :)

Brash

You should see those at The Hunter's Lair. Those people are certified Predator Addicts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stevieboy7 said:
This is a pretty cool execution, Ive never seen that girl-predator model before.

Good stuff!

It's a toy. Hot Toys released it after the movie. see details [url="http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/87477-review-hot-toys-hot-angel-she-predator-machiko.html]here[/url]

acctually machiko is a human female who was accepted among the predators because of her skill in battle. if a human killed a predator or fought alongside it the predators would offer the human a gift and they wouldn't try to kill that particular human. im not sure but i am guessing that in the film adaptation the guide was supposed to take machikos role, my guess is based on how the human guide: carried a shield made of an alien head too,burned a scar with the same shape and place as machikos scar, and the guide was given a predator spear (like the one machiko carries) at th end of the movie

I'm impressed! Your facemask is pretty much the coolest I've seen.

I do have a resource related question though: your partner's shirt, what material is that? Did he get it somewhere specific? The texture is great!

Deucer said:
I'm impressed! Your facemask is pretty much the coolest I've seen.

I do have a resource related question though: your partner's shirt, what material is that? Did he get it somewhere specific? The texture is great!

it's skintone overhaul (had it tailored) spandex type then he just spray painted it because we didn't have any time. good thing it still turned out good.

Quartermain3000 said:
That's awesome... You look incredible in that predator-ette armor. Those cos-play videos are insane too.

thank you so much. :D

@izabel

great costume...

the shield rocks! was it the top part of Alien's oversized head? kinda look like it... maybe i'm wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back