Shield and Combat Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLegend

Jr Member
Although I'd like to also make the skull, there's just not enough time before Christmas. Someday I may follow link's example, but for now....shields and knives!

Okie doke....so.... critiques are highly begged for as well as comments of any kind. I'm aiming to make about 4 sets of em, and make it possible to mount them on walls.

DSC00055.jpg

(Please tell me if the shapes look right. I know the handle isn't complete on the knife...)​

These are just for the models. The finals will be all fiberglass resin + bondo.
Grrr....only about 2 weeks left!

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendly said:
I agree. Great start, but the knives look a little wide.

no knife is too big, long or wide, heck i own a replica buster sword from final fantasy 7.

Vrogy said:
Here's a vectorized trace of the combat knives:
..... :cautious:
Sometimes I feel like the world requires that I suffer. Hehe, here I've been searching around the net for about 1/2 an hour looking for a good picture, and now one is available.
(Thanks) ....and good picture btw :D

Yup yup.....basic pink insulation foam
....and thanks Vrogy, but I already have/had my picture and cutouts ready. Next time I might query you for pictures before I go on a massive hunt for hard-to-find stuff. :p

More pictures! I hated the way the first knife came out, so I'm gonna follow Unique Name's example and do the whole thing + handle in wood. Little bit more skill required, but I'll try to rise to the occassion.
DSC00059.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

....and with that, I'm done for the night

Edit: Cancel that....that picture is just too perfect to pass up. I'm gonna make the trace *again* :D

Looks great man! Nice work... you gonna like put that on your mantle or something ... like a trophy?! thatd be swweeet!

MysticLegend said:
Yup yup.....basic pink insulation foam
....and thanks Vrogy, but I already have/had my picture and cutouts ready. Next time I might query you for pictures before I go on a massive hunt for hard-to-find stuff. :p

More pictures! I hated the way the first knife came out, so I'm gonna follow Unique Name's example and do the whole thing + handle in wood. Little bit more skill required, but I'll try to rise to the occassion.
DSC00059.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

....and with that, I'm done for the night

Edit: Cancel that....that picture is just too perfect to pass up. I'm gonna make the trace *again* :D

well you've got "normal" mode.

crazyspartan91 said:
this shield is the one im going to make can some one help me

The best way to get help is to sit down and think hard about your problem.
Anyways, I'd start by studying the shapes of the shield and knives, maybe redrawing them as vector that can be scaled up and printed as a guide for cutting. Then you probably want to choose a material and construction methods and start working.

MysticLegend said:
Although I'd like to also make the skull, there's just not enough time before Christmas. Someday I may follow link's example, but for now....shields and knives!

Okie doke....so.... critiques are highly begged for as well as comments of any kind. I'm aiming to make about 4 sets of em, and make it possible to mount them on walls.

DSC00055.jpg

(Please tell me if the shapes look right. I know the handle isn't complete on the knife...)​

These are just for the models. The finals will be all fiberglass resin + bondo.
Grrr....only about 2 weeks left!

Looks Fantastic, you have a great idea my friend, maybe it'll catch on
But i have to agree with the others the Swords look a little Wide, I'm sure you're gonna do trimming but other wise it looks fantastic.

Werd Nal said:
well you've got "normal" mode.

LOL i didn't see this one till just a minute ago, sorry.
Looks really good,

Yeah, someone around here did the Legendary skull talk to him and maybe you could do Legendary. LOL
Just search Legendary.

So, it's Christmas Day (Happy Christmas by the way, everyone.) and you still haven't given us any progress of this sweet prop. Have you finished it yet? If so, how did the recipient like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back