Soft Parts Shoes For Armor Boots, Update 9-25-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlacRoseImmortal

This probably doesnt belong here... Mods feel free to move this/lock it or whatever.

Anywho, I was just pondering upon the Boots of my Mk6 armor that I hope to begin soon and was wondering what kind of shoes would be best? I know alot of you use Military style boots but i'm trying to think of an alternative...

Skate shoes are comfortable but bulky, Converse High Tops are to damn thin and the soles suck and will wear out fairly quickly, military style boots are a pain to tie up and slip on and off with difficulty.....

I need to find something that has alot of the traits that the listed above have.... Comfortable, High Top (or somethign similar), Long lasting....

My everyday shoes are a pair of DC Manteca's (Skate shoes) and I think that would be the best thing to use because they last forever (if you dont actually use them to skate lol) and they are very comfortable and I never have to re-tie them (Its been about 4 years since my last shoe tie lol) but they dont go up too high on my ankle like the Mk6 Boots do... also they are bulky because of all the padding in them so if I use them it will look like I'm wearin clown shoes with my armor....

I want to know what other people have done in regards to this issue, maybe post a picture of your boot/inner shoe combo?

*stares in Adam's direction O.O*
any advise would be awesome.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
This probably doesnt belong here... Mods feel free to move this/lock it or whatever.

Anywho, I was just pondering upon the Boots of my Mk6 armor that I hope to begin soon and was wondering what kind of shoes would be best? I know alot of you use Military style boots but i'm trying to think of an alternative...

Skate shoes are comfortable but bulky, Converse High Tops are to damn thin and the soles suck and will wear out fairly quickly, military style boots are a pain to tie up and slip on and off with difficulty.....

I need to find something that has alot of the traits that the listed above have.... Comfortable, High Top (or somethign similar), Long lasting....

My everyday shoes are a pair of DC Manteca's (Skate shoes) and I think that would be the best thing to use because they last forever (if you dont actually use them to skate lol) and they are very comfortable and I never have to re-tie them (Its been about 4 years since my last shoe tie lol) but they dont go up too high on my ankle like the Mk6 Boots do... also they are bulky because of all the padding in them so if I use them it will look like I'm wearin clown shoes with my armor....
I want to know what other people have done in regards to this issue, maybe post a picture of your boot/inner shoe combo?

*stares in Adam's direction O.O*
any advise would be awesome.

I got a Pair of Bates Tactical boots. SUPER SUPER comfortable, they run about $80, but you're feet will love you at the end of the day. They also zip up the side and have laces, and they don't come untied. And the plus is they come in women's sizes :) I think perhaps if they go past your ankle it'll be good... I've heard buzzes about things called "Armor Bites". Dun want any on my feets!

Last edited by a moderator:
I spend a few days jus tlooking at military style boots and I realllly like them and I know they would work perfectly but I'm trying to bypass one little step. The tying up the shoe bit. I wanted to permanently fuse the Mk6 Boot plates to the shoe and if I do that I wont have anyway of getting down there to tie them/loosen them/tighten, etc. And I recall military style boots being very hard to slip out of, since they are made NOT to do that lol.

I like to make things as simple as possible for myself, and i'm juzt lazy. My DC's are permanently tied and slip on like slippers would, I want to be able to do that with my Mk6 booties :D

see if the people who make crocs make boots...

funny thing how i always start with one idea and get a better one halfway through...Get rain boots or those snow boots. they are designed to be able to slip in and out of and im sure with a little work you could make them look great. and they will not hit hard in the wallet....or in your case purse

what would I do without you? lol :p . When I went home for lunch today I looked at my shoe rack and saw my crocs and was thinking about how to incorporate them into MC boots lol. i'll toss these ideas around in my head for awhile, I still need to focus all my attention to my SR. I want to get that done before I do anythign else. Thanks Tenacious!

Skullcandy Girl said:
I got a Pair of Bates Tactical boots. SUPER SUPER comfortable, they run about $80, but you're feet will love you at the end of the day. They also zip up the side and have laces, and they don't come untied. And the plus is they come in women's sizes :) I think perhaps if they go past your ankle it'll be good... I've heard buzzes about things called "Armor Bites". Dun want any on my feets!
Zip-up combat boots FTW. I have a pair I wear a great deal of the time when out and off places. Depends on the geometry, but if you can access the zipper when it's all the way down they seem like they'd take any armor bite off your ankle.

Armor bite, heh, we get that in the SCA.. but that's because we hit each other with sticks.. and the armor is metal.. :unsure:

try US Cavalry's website, and subscribe to that, they always have discounts via email (that saves like....10 bucks)

they sell Military issue and non-issued stuff, and a whole section for combat boots.

www.uscav.com

tenacioust183 said:
see if the people who make crocs make boots...
They do, and they look sweet. They run about $50 where I live (Pennsylvania) I dont know how easy they are to slip out of, but they sure look cool. I'd imagine they'd get sweaty too, but be comfortable just like normal crocs.
PAAAIANKNKDJDBEHt.jpg

WOW THOSE ARE SOOOO COOL!... i think i'm gonna buy a pair right now and see what I can make of them!

NICE FIND LIONHEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<333333333333

Took a look on google for laceless boots. Found some information about BOA and Speed Zone Lacing. Primary they're used for Snowboarding boots, but you might be able to adapt the idea to another pair of boots. These two systems use a dial or something to tighten a cord/wire system to fit a boot to your foot. Not sure about the details, but I thought I'd let you know about it none the less.

I don't know how you call my boots in English. They are.. you know "Army-boots" the ones from dead soldiers you know. we call them kisten. translated that will be: boxes :lol:
231138-M_Legerkisten.jpg

Matthijs

Haha, my sister and mom have red and blue crocs boots. I hate them, they're the croc texture and its just annoying.

lionheart912 said:
They do, and they look sweet. They run about $50 where I live (Pennsylvania) I dont know how easy they are to slip out of, but they sure look cool. I'd imagine they'd get sweaty too, but be comfortable just like normal crocs.
PAAAIANKNKDJDBEHt.jpg

Do you have any more information about these? I can't make out the logo on the boot, but I'm in western PA also, and these are exactly what I'm looking for.

JoeyCoz said:
Do you have any more information about these? I can't make out the logo on the boot, but I'm in western PA also, and these are exactly what I'm looking for.

they are crocs, style name georgie. comes in four colors black, fuscia (i.e. pink),Red, and Blue.

I dont know if this would work or not but how about using the tactical boots but lace them up with elasticated laces and permanently fix them in. That way it should be easier to slip on and off.

WEll like I said before military stle boots are made so that they are really difficult to slip in and out of so it wouldnt matter what kind of laces you have lol. Im still totally leaning towards the Croc Boots..... that way I can permanently fix the armor boots over the crocs and they are waterproof and comfortable and are easy to get in and out of and since they are Crocs, they are easy to modify with a knive/scissors.

I'm gonna try it once I get a pair and I'll be posting about them here .... maybe this will be the answer to all our Boot problems?

:mad: Grrrr...
Acording to their website, the crock boots aren't available in my size. 15's are so hard to find. Anyway these look like the perfect "costume boot". I just wouldnt't try to kick someone's a$$ with these though. ;)
Ya might hurt your toe.

AND putting them inside a 'decorative' outer boot will take care of the sheer hideousness that comes with the "Croc" name...

Srsly, I hate Crocs. But I'll admit that they're comfy.

EDIT: Ok, I hated the original Crocs, but I have yet to even see anyone wear any of the other styles...

I'll be ordering a pair of those croc boots come my next paycheck (16th). I'll do a quick pep-up and tell you all how it goes!

EDIT: yeah, I dont wear my crocs in public because they look waaaaaay to damn goofy but those boots actually look chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back