Shooting a Live Action Halo series

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltLock

Hey 405th, a group of my friends and I are shooting a live action series about Post Halo 3 and Pre Halo 4 Marines that are fighting insurrectionists and are later chosen to become some of the first Spartan IV's. We have a larger budget, two GoPro camera's and microphone equipment. Adobe After Effects and some CGI access. I have 8 episodes written out as a rough draft and I am here wondering what you guys want to see in this series and any tips you are willing to offer. Marine Combat armor and Weapon props are currently being produced and we have plenty of shooting locations planned out including Quarries, Woodland Areas, and even parts of my town.

lets see

1. how about some back story about how jun made it off reach.

2. would be nice to see plamer before her became Spartan IV

3. when you say insurrectionists do you mean ex covenant or the human type.

4. I wouls like just once for some one and I don't care who, to fly a banshee or horent.

5. epoide length are we talking ten or thrity mintues each.

6. is the frist Spartan IV going to be shown. if you don't know who it is google it.

7. and lastly, if you can some how make it ten epoides long it would be a nice let box set for people to get through you and pay for I don't know another sets wroth of film.

^ A lot of that would be cool to see! Banshee/hornet done well is a pretty tall order though, hehe

7. and lastly, if you can some how make it ten epoides long it would be a nice let box set for people to get through you and pay for I don't know another sets wroth of film.

Have you thought about lining up some sort of a small production deal for the finished work? I think that would be a great incentive to get people involved initially and pay them back. Most people, especially with useful skills, are willing to trade favors before money in my experience. Less risky and more personal.

Isn't it mostly ODSTs who get chosen to become SPARTANs? For various fairly obvious reasons? I dunno.

Anyway, that aside. The Marines should win against vastly superior forces whilst cut off from supplies and reinforcements through a combination of extreme cunning and a bit of good old-fashioned bravery. SPARTANs are incredibly intelligent as well as being super-human, and you should show that attribute prior to their physical augmentation. Think about John-117's story at the academy, and his leadership allowing the group to beat a squad of Marines with a few sticks and rocks and steal the vehicle. Here your SPARTAN "cadets" are already full-fledged soldiers, so they should be even better.

Besides, we already have a youtube full of first person CGI gunfire, I don't think we need any more. If you have the time and budget to allow, work on a better story than everyone else. No luck, no miraculous rescue, no deus ex machina, just wits and grit.

That's what I'd do, anyway (and may still yet).

Isn't it mostly ODSTs who get chosen to become SPARTANs? For various fairly obvious reasons? I dunno.

Anyway, that aside. The Marines should win against vastly superior forces whilst cut off from supplies and reinforcements through a combination of extreme cunning and a bit of good old-fashioned bravery. SPARTANs are incredibly intelligent as well as being super-human, and you should show that attribute prior to their physical augmentation. Think about John-117's story at the academy, and his leadership allowing the group to beat a squad of Marines with a few sticks and rocks and steal the vehicle. Here your SPARTAN "cadets" are already full-fledged soldiers, so they should be even better.

Besides, we already have a youtube full of first person CGI gunfire, I don't think we need any more. If you have the time and budget to allow, work on a better story than everyone else. No luck, no miraculous rescue, no deus ex machina, just wits and grit.

it is really 6 year old children who are chosen

I thought I read that they came up with the tech for the later SPARTANs to come from adults? We're talking SPARTAN IVs here, so I thought that was late enough into the program.

I'm not working from reference here though, so I dunno.

I thought I read that they came up with the tech for the later SPARTANs to come from adults? We're talking SPARTAN IVs here, so I thought that was late enough into the program.

I'm not working from reference here though, so I dunno.

yes you are correct about the spartan IVs they came from adults rather than children like the third and second generations of Spartans.

But in Spartan Ops Thorne even says he was in the Army before he enlisted in to the Spartans. The Spartans are their own branch of the Military now just like the Marines, Army, Navy and the rest

Be sure to plan everything down to the letter. Being in the film industry I can assure you that is the biggest downfall of any film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back