Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $250-300

• $300 or more

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have put a $0 - $179 in your poll, this helmet isn't even close to being worth what they're asking. It's obviously a low-def pep helmet someone is looking to get rid of.

I feel stupid, the auction ends tomarrow night!

Well this is cool, now I have another day to think about it.

Please keep up the feedback, you guys are awesome!!!

i wouldnt do it. Like its been said earlier, you can easily buy an amazingly detailed, no warpage, perfect helm off here of any permutation u desire for around $100-125. so the thing on ebay is a pure rip. Like adam said, try rube.

YuutaKenshi said:
i wouldnt do it. Like its been said earlier, you can easily buy an amazingly detailed, no warpage, perfect helm off here of any permutation u desire for around $100-125. so the thing on ebay is a pure rip. Like adam said, try rube.

I'm going agree with what you said just not on the price and any permutation.

MKVI - very well made molded helm. $2XX plus

Busa - More

"Prefect Helm" - Even more, Try $3XX-4XX

$100 plus is what it takes to make it let alone mold it.

My 2cent on the topic: Too high for low detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you know, the guy is waaay overcharging for shipping. You're basically paying $260 for that thing.

My advice? PM BlueRealm, and you'll get one of the best looking helmets out there for around the same price, if not less. It's the helmet Adam uses with his suit.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Just so you know, the guy is waaay overcharging for shipping. You're basically paying $260 for that thing.

My advice? PM BlueRealm, and you'll get one of the best looking helmets out there for around the same price, if not less. It's the helmet Adam uses with his suit.

Sorry, but if you have never bought a BR Helm then I wouldn't give out a price even if you did know it. Plus, just to give you a heads up, that price isn't even near the price of one of his helms. You have to go up.

Not worth it. First I think this guy is lying that he handcrafted it. First if it was hand crafted there should be no folded edges on the back of the helmet. Look at picture 5 for example. He probably used Pepakura. He used resin and fiberglass and probably sanded as is and does not know wtf bondo is which is like a putty that will help it sand into a smooth rounded area. The painting is okay but I'm not sure since it is a picture and the weathering was a little overdone. There is a visor but not double visor effect. Although he did LEDs, padding, Vents and some cruddy weathering. Again like others said about the feedback.

JediStumpy said:
Sorry, but if you have never bought a BR Helm then I wouldn't give out a price even if you did know it. Plus, just to give you a heads up, that price isn't even near the price of one of his helms. You have to go up.

Yeah the person obviously does not know BR prices but still. This helmet is a piece of crap. The price is what? $180 dollars and LEDs make it look nice but obviously it was poorly made. But yeah the shipping price is way too high. I think the guy was just trying to hide that or something. The total with tax should come to like 250 for the dumb helmet. If I were you then I would make one and a way better one! And more cheap just time consuming but hey you can probably sell casts of yours which the casts cost like 100 bucks for the mold and another 100 from the plastic from the smooth on company and you can charge for the time and effort you put into it. That helmet you make would be worth more than the ebay piece of $#!T.

Adam said:
You might wanna buy a Rubies for $100 and modify it yourself for that price.

I agree with Adam. Have you seen Rube's stuff it friggin rocks & you know who hand crafted it .

teletron1 said:
I agree with Adam. Have you seen Rube's stuff it friggin rocks & you know who hand crafted it .

Rubes ODST helmet is 100 dollars including the Visor???

So I have been thinking about it, and I am relly curious what this helmet will actually sell for.

I might just bid on it if it stays under $200.

I know i'm really disregarding all the things you guys have been saying, but I have money not time.

So if any one knows of a better helmet for around the same price just PM me. (tonight)

And thank you all again, it has been really helpfull.

dragonslayer said:
So I have been thinking about it, and I am relly curious what this helmet will actually sell for.

I might just bid on it if it stays under $200.

I know i'm really disregarding all the things you guys have been saying, but I have money not time.

So if any one knows of a better helmet for around the same price just PM me. (tonight)

And thank you all again, it has been really helpfull.

Is it a halloween issue? 180 dollars plus tax and the 65 dollar shipping just for one night? And it isn't very well made and the handcrafted is absolute horse$#!T? Believe me you will regret it that you spent that much money. Plus the guy doesn't have any feedback so he could probably rip you off or anything. Just find someone on 405th if they want to do a cast and paint it yourself.

it looks nice, but its low detail, its too over priced,and the paint is too weathered. not worth the price.

If it's just for Halloween, like Adam said, go with a Rubies and if you have time, switch out the visor like I did. It's a lot cheaper and a lot better looking. No offense to the builder, cause my pep helmet looks worse.

I don't think it looks very good at all... and $180 is the lowest range you put? The lowest should be $0... I would much rather make my own helmet than but one... I guess if you really want it, this doesn't mean anything anyway...

JediStumpy said:

I PMed him a while ago, and if I recall correctly it was less than 260. Excuse me for being wrong, I guess? It's not like I'm giving out a specific price, and really if you're going to pay that much for a helmet like the one in the OP you might as well just go all out with a BR helmet.

EDIT: I'm assuming the OP bought the helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back