Sigmas Mark V Mold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
Well Sigma and I got together to finish his mold and I have to say it was a late night but a wonderful night.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Ithica nice video. I like how you're able to make it to where we can see other members in action. To Sigma, That is one of my favorite Helmets, I still remember your thread on that! Oh such fond memories! ;)

Can't wait for the 1st Cast video, Ithica congrats for becoming a global mod, Sigma Congrats on the mold! :D

great video journal as always Ithica, and Sigma Freaking Awesome MKIV. can't wait to see the casting. I like how you used all of those keys. Should ensure that the mold is set in the mother really snug.

Great video you two! I always like to see members come together to create some of the awesome props we see here today... love to see more members on your vids!

As for the mold, would it be easier to take off if you had a slit/cut on the mold? o_O

I'm curious, how thick/how many layers of fiberglass did you have to make the support jacket in order for it to be solid enough? I assume it wasn't just one layer?

Loved it. It has great explanation too. So Ithica, when will Dora show us to Sigmas house so we can steal that cast? Lol. On 8:09 of the video, Chris was oulling, and Dora was like PULL TIGHT. Did you guys notice that

Here's the first Ugly I casted. The vents and back details should cast a lot cleaner once I trim the mold a little bit. The excess screwed up the chin vents on this first cast. :rolleyes

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

BTW- the reason for a single piece mold is it is a hell of a lot easier to cast from and no parting lines or flash.

I was wondering why you guys did a glove mold

i always thought that wouldnt work with brim

BTW your t-51b looking like a beast

Holy crap that came out better than i would have expected, no offense but i thought the fiberglass would have an affect on it. Those are really nice, just need to trim like you said. Did you get the map to the mold from Dora yet? Is fiberglassing for the mothermold a good thing? because it seems bad to me. Nice job you guys

TSM

FB is a great method, but you need a solid, thick mld so the shell doesn't have to be as thick. It is alot lighter this way and it is quite effective. I checked out both of his molds and they are great. Nice work Sigma.

Ithica

Ithica is 100% right on the details of using a FB shell. This may be the first time some of you guys are seeing this kind of shell but Adam and Spase's marine have a number of parts molded exactly like this as well. So we had the advantage of seeing it done before.

Also Ithica's help was a major part of getting this all done so quickly. The guy works like he's getting payed $100 an hour but only requires a few cups of plastic and access to a mold to go home happy. Thanks again for dropping by man!

EDIT: to 051- Thanks man, hopefully will get back to working on it soon!

looks good guys Im a firm believer in FG shells and one piece glove moulds no flash but the fill port and light as heck.

Hmm gonna have to make a order from reynolds before the gtg lol.

Cheers!

I just noticed something kinda funny at the ending. Dave says"405th remember if you can do it" and then Sigma goes "so can you!" it made me laugh, anyway great job on the mother mold guys looking forward for that video Dave!

AH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back