Simple Helmet Speaker System

tatt123483

Ok so this is awesome. I've been tinkering for days now, and gosh dang it I can't get the darn speaker to go louder than a whisper. Followed the wiring diagram, tried two different amps and two different resistors. I'm using 60/40 lead/tin flux, and tried both the speaker linked in the post, and a different one, a 4ohm. This one. both speakers produce no more than a whisper. I used this amp. Using 26 gauge wire. Tried different resistors too, 330k on order right now. I'm about $70 into this $15 amp. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but just can't figure out what. OP and the subsequent post by Vulrath showed slightly different wiring schematics and I tried both. And while I don't have proper baffle on either speaker, the temp I rigged from card board did nothing. Sorry to bother you guys but if you have any thoughts on what Im doing wrong, I would gladly welcome a suggestion. Thanks and great work!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.