Simple Odst File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loganius

Jr Member
Hey guys I finally got around to picking up my copy of ODST yesterday. Almost beat it. I love the game. I really really want to make a set of ODST armor. Ive had the pepakura files off of the halo costuming wiki forever now but I'm just not skilled enough with pepakura yet to make any of these pieces. I was wondering if there were any more simple less detailed files out there, or if somebody could make them. If not, any other methods to making this armor?

Loganius said:
Hey guys I finally got around to picking up my copy of ODST yesterday. Almost beat it. I love the game. I really really want to make a set of ODST armor. Ive had the pepakura files off of the halo costuming wiki forever now but I'm just not skilled enough with pepakura yet to make any of these pieces. I was wondering if there were any more simple less detailed files out there, or if somebody could make them. If not, any other methods to making this armor?

try making the halo 2 ODST armor, its pretty simpel i also got you a page http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index#Halo_2_ODST_Armor just scroll down a bit or just press the halo 2 ODST button at the content menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of doing halo 2 ODST a while ago, but I decided not to. My plan without simple files was to just make an ODST without a helmet since the helmet file was the hardest but now it's the other way around. The helmet file Aaron reccomended is easier than the arms, shins, etc.

i have a REALLY simple helmet, if wan't it message me with an E-mail (videotyler@gmail.com)

you can haz screenshots to!

Screenshot-12_21_200911_03_08AM.jpg

Screenshot-12_21_200911_02_34AM.jpg

Screenshot-12_21_200911_01_33AM.jpg

ooh. Haha I can definitely handle that. Email sent. I wonder how i can make the chin look a little more true to the game?

Chances are you'll want to stick with smilie's medium-def ODST helmet file and the rest of the ODST files. There isn't really any skill involved in Pepakura, only patience. There's a lot of tabs to be glued in a full suit even at the lowest detail level, so my recommendation would be to go all out and save ~$50 on Bondo by going with the ones available in the wiki and Halo 3: ODST pep files topic.

You'll be amazed out what you can do with these given enough time. Just try your hand at some of the low-medium definition Mark VI files if you're not quite ready, but you really will waste a lot of money on Bondo if you use the lowest definition you can get.

That's probably what I'll end up doing. But for some files the diffficulty isn't a problem, it's just that the tabs are so small and close together that, even on the lowest font size, crowd together and you cant tell which number is which.

Yeah, something I do for files like that is have the file open on the computer with the numbers turned off while I'm gluing, so I can see what goes where. Also, remember that not every tiny tab needs to be glued, just enough so that it holds together well.

I want to do the medium def ODST file. Since the chest piece, left and right equipment plates, and the center plate in between the equipment plates are pretty simple shape, could they be made out of some other material. I don't need full detail for my first ODST, just the general shape. I would get into vacuumforming, but I'm not sure what kind of material to use with the table. I know how to make one, just not what plastic/other material to use for what the actual piece is going to be. Would that be an option?

I found an even more reasonable files to work with, so thats a relief. Thanks for all the help guys. I think this will be my project in the long run but my halo 2 ODST Will be for this upcoming halloween. maybe. I haven't quite decided yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back