Skippin' Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
gamerguy55 said:
Alright, this topic has been dead for quite some time now, but I feel bad ending this topic without informing you all of my decision.

I've ultimately decided not to go to the college, for a few reasons:

I've became far too good of friends with far too many people at my school, not just students but teachers too. I don't think I could leave them behind... If I did go I would have no free time at all (or so I would assume) to do anything... that, and I'm lazy and love to procrastinate all the time. ;)

I'm pretty sure that high school won't be too academically difficult to me, which is another big plus because I'll have more time to do/work on things that I like. I had my promotion to high school (yeah, it's kinda dum) on Thursday, so there's no turning back now. I had the highest GPA, for all three years of middle school (4.67 out of 5.00) and I had to write a long draw-out speech about all my years in school... I felt like a tard standing in front of about a thousand people talking about my life, and how school had effected it....

Anyway, I just thought I should let you know. Didn't want to leave ya hangin'. ;)

If anyone has any other comments, suggestions or advice for high school I'd love to hear them.

Mods, you can do what you please with this topic: Let it die, lock it, whatever you feel should be done. If anyone replies to it, I'd like to keep it alive, but if you want it locked, go right ahead.
So far, I have to say that freshman year will be ok if you know the right people and sophomore year will be the worst year of your life. From my expierence at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
only just found it now, its kind of pointless giving my opinion considering you have made your decision, but i will anyway.

I hated (and I'm still hating) high school, The only good part about it is the friends, Even then, the 1st high school i went to was terrible, but the friends i made will last for life(i had known most of them previous to school anyway), even though i was only there for a year till i changed schools. The private school I'm in now is better than my last, except for the fact that most of the day students (ones who don't board) are rich and snobbish. I cant say I'm the most intelligent person, i suck at math, I'm not to bad at English, full marks for all Art and IT related subjects. The small group of friends i have there i probably wont keep in contact with, where as me and my friend's from my home town are all planning to take the similar university (collage) courses so we can get a house together, graduate at the same time, and hopefully end up working for each other.
enough of my rant.
Good luck with high school! And remember, being different is cool :cool: don't conform.

p0rtalman said:
only just found it now, its kind of pointless giving my opinion considering you have made your decision, but i will anyway.

I hated (and I'm still hating) high school, The only good part about it is the friends, Even then, the 1st high school i went to was terrible, but the friends i made will last for life(i had known most of them previous to school anyway), even though i was only there for a year till i changed schools. The private school I'm in now is better than my last, except for the fact that most of the day students (ones who don't board) are rich and snobbish. I cant say I'm the most intelligent person, i suck at math, I'm not to bad at English, full marks for all Art and IT related subjects. The small group of friends i have there i probably wont keep in contact with, where as me and my friend's from my home town are all planning to take the similar university (collage) courses so we can get a house together, graduate at the same time, and hopefully end up working for each other.
enough of my rant.
Good luck with high school! And remember, being different is cool :cool: don't conform.
actually, he should do what he wants. Because, if he does choose to not comform then he will be conforming with a whole other group of people. haha

abandonship said:
actually, he should do what he wants. Because, if he does choose to not conform then he will be conforming with a whole other group of people. haha
damn your logic, what i should have said is be yourself, don't let anyone tell you what to do, and make the decisions that are best for YOU!

p0rtalman said:
To conform is to follow a crowd. To not conform is to follow a different crowd. So just be yourself, and know that you've made the right decision.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure that I made the right decision. ;)

I don't always 'follow the crowd', so to speak. I prefer to cut my own path, and find people with similar interests along the way, instead of following someone else's path in search of people.

Where I go to school the High School and Middle School are connected, so I'm in the High School quite often. I know/am friends with probably 85% of the High School students, and have been for a while. When I meet new people they normally see me and think that I'm in High School... I think it's because the majority of my friends are in/just graduated from High School, and the fact that I'm 6' 3". :( As odd as this is going to sound, one of my best friends, that I've known for a few years, is a High School teacher... I'm not going to say his age, but his kids are all in their 20's.

Yeah, I know, it's weird. Some of you are probably reading this going "WTF? Yeah right!", but it's true, sometimes it's hard to believe it myself.

I'm pretty sure that my parents think I'm off my rocker when I tell them I'm going to be driving (not me driving, my friend) 60 miles to sit in a line with my teacher and his family for a few hours to go a see a movie, or get a game.

Tater Mane said:
If you were 16 or 17, yeah, I would understand them offering this opportunity to you, but not to someone who hasn't even entered high school yet, no matter their level of knowledge.

I think you made the right decision.
16 or 17 is the normal age group that this is offered to... but I'm a freak case... I was only offered this because they thought that I wouldn't be challenged in High School, they thought that I would actually learn something in college... The teachers at my school have a tendency to... well... not teach.

To describe my elementary years of school: I was put in a room and given work.

Quite literally, I was put in a room, apart from the rest of the students, the teacher would give me all the work I had to do for the day, and I would do it.... in an unsupervised room, and when I finished it I could do whatever I wanted. I always brought toys (normally action figures or K-Nex) to play with... It was like 1 hour of school to 7 hours of playing. There was only one other person there with me, it was a girl (who is arguably the smartest person I've ever met).

Middle school wasn't much different, except I was in the same room as everyone else....and there was less playing...and more sleeping. ;) I'm a horribly lazy person too, since I've never really been required to do any academical work, other than at school. If college did make me actually study, and do homework at home (which I'm sure it would) I would put it off until the last minute, and then end up not doing it at all.

Most of you probably stopped reading at "Thanks guys" but if you did read through this whole post you will (hopefully) better understand the circumstances that this has happened in.

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice. Keep it comin'. ;)

gamerguy55 said:
Well, the people in my school are not exactly what I would call 'mature' and there are only a few that I would really call my friends (I live in SE ohio, not to many people like me here :/). I can choose from 4 different colleges but only one as a freshman and it is...Zane State. I can't make heads or tails of it but maybe you guys can. I'm gonna be asking some of my teachers to see what they know about it, tomorrow.

You live close to me... I go to college in Newark, Ohio. I think you made a good choice because without high school you'll miss alot of high school experiences that will end up shaping your life later down the road.

Evil Femle said:
You live close to me... I go to college in Newark, Ohio. I think you made a good choice because without high school you'll miss alot of high school experiences that will end up shaping your life later down the road.
It's good to see that you're back. It's been a while since you posted.

If you read the above post (which I was typing when you posted your first reply ;) ) It will probably be even clearer why I chose not to go.

P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only person from Ohio, on here. Newark is about 60 miles from where I live... at least it is, if I'm thinking about the right place. lol

abandonship said:
So far, I have to say that freshman year will be ok if you know the right people and sophomore year will be the worst year of your life. From my expierence at least.

Whats wrong with sophomore year? I loved mine.

And gg, I belive you have made the wise and thoughtful choice. Youll have loads of fun and enjoy(almost) all of it.

gamerguy55 said:
Alright, this topic has been dead for quite some time now, but I feel bad ending this topic without informing you all of my decision.

I've ultimately decided not to go to the college, for a few reasons:

I've became far too good of friends with far too many people at my school, not just students but teachers too. I don't think I could leave them behind... If I did go I would have no free time at all (or so I would assume) to do anything... that, and I'm lazy and love to procrastinate all the time. ;)

I'm pretty sure that high school won't be too academically difficult to me, which is another big plus because I'll have more time to do/work on things that I like. I had my promotion to high school (yeah, it's kinda dum) on Thursday, so there's no turning back now. I had the highest GPA, for all three years of middle school (4.67 out of 5.00) and I had to write a long draw-out speech about all my years in school... I felt like a tard standing in front of about a thousand people talking about my life, and how school had effected it....

Anyway, I just thought I should let you know. Didn't want to leave ya hangin'. ;)

If anyone has any other comments, suggestions or advice for high school I'd love to hear them.

Mods, you can do what you please with this topic: Let it die, lock it, whatever you feel should be done. If anyone replies to it, I'd like to keep it alive, but if you want it locked, go right ahead.
I did pretty much the same thing. They wanted me to do some college classes, but I didn't really want to. I'm now part high schooler, part home schooler, part some other special thing (Multi-Media they call it. Image editing, video editing, and web design).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back