Skupilkinsons Star Wars Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skupilkinson

Hey guys,

I've been busy modelling another lid for a friend. He wanted a Boushh helmet doing in time for Halloween.

I was worried about doing this one at first. Some areas gave me doubt as to whether I could model them. I'm still pretty new to certain subjects I've never really dealt with curved surfaces like this until fairly recently. This is the first helmet I've done that I've been truly happy with.

This one took me around three days on and off. I'm really happy with it and can't wait to see it built up.

Some pics:
Mod1.jpg

Mod2.jpg

Mod3.jpg

Mod4.jpg

Mod5.jpg

Just showing the progress. ;) I know this again, isn't Halo related but it is Pepakura so I thought it'd be worthy.

Hope you guys like it.

Update: I'm gonna use this thread to show my current projects. All Star Wars stuff. So I'll keep it all here rather than start new threads each time.

Really? I don't think that's too bad. There are scaled papermodels that have more to them than that, and being life size makes it all much easier too.

I'm glad you both like it though. Thanks alot! :)

yeah my ISS model was a pain in the arse, especially since it failed on me and i had to trash it....80% completed.
lol you have a Fett helmet, Imp Guard helmet, now this? dosent suprise me.

now that i think about it.....i should redo that ISS.....it was pretty good.

Nice work! You ought to try modeling C-3P0 or Darth Vader. I wonder if any one has tried making a pep r2 yet?

They have all been done as papermodels so yeh, they've been done in Pepakura. Though they've not been done as 1:1 props. Vader doesn't interest me so I won't be doing him, not unless it was a commision.

Skip - another great helm! Now you and the other modelers need to STOP! My list is long enough without you all making more. j/k Guess I'll have to add this to the list as well. Glad I have cardstock. Now if I only had enough time.

LOL! I know! I design these for other but also so that I can make a few myself. Thing is I never have the time! It's sunny this morning so hopefully I can get out and do some work on my RG lid.

Or maybe start that other helmet I was thinking of doing...

...LOL!

*Falls onto kneels and bows down*

You Skip is truly gifted in the art of .... 3-d modeling-pepakura unfolding-making cool helmets.

Now only if I could find a *wink wink* ACCURATE REPUBLIC COMMANDO HELMET *wink wink*

Lol just playing of course.

It's on my list buddy. Very VERY close to the top of it too. I'm just waiting on some specially drawn orthographic plans of it all before I start.

It's one of my favourite if not THE favourite costume/armor designs!

Skupilkinson said:
It's on my list buddy. Very VERY close to the top of it too. I'm just waiting on some specially drawn orthographic plans of it all before I start.

It's one of my favourite if not THE favourite costume/armor designs!

WHOO! Well that's great to hear. I'll be holding my breath till then I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skupilkinson said:
LOL! Me too! I've been looking forward to having my own RC gear for a long time now.

Yea, I tried looking to see if the people in the 501st would have a set of pepakura RC. Apparently, pepakura is not as well known than i thought.

No, it isn't. At least not in prop/costuming circles.

For papermodelling, it's been used for years, well, that's what it's meant for! LOL. Although it's not really been used for making costume parts until the 405th here started to.

I've seen 1:1 weapons and helmets created before coming here but they were intended to be a bit of paper fun or just display pieces. I've seen a 1:2 Terminator Endo skeleton, a 1:1 Viper pilot lid and one friend of mine is desiging a CYLON costume. His templates are being used for card or aluminium. The 405th are the first group I've seen take it to a whole new level by adding fibreglass and filler to a card model to make it a solid wearable costume!

It's fantastic!

An RC bucket? Awesome news alot people will be happy including me! :) Ner Vode.

By the way great job on the Boushh helmet, you are quite the 3D Artist!

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. Yeah I'm waiting on a friend who's drawing me up some plans to model from. so the RC will be happening, I'm just not too sure when. I'll be trying the Hayabusa helmet before that anyway, so my next thread here should be Halo based. ;)

Just to mention it, I've been getting a fair few emails and PMs regarding me designing helmets for people. I've posted an entry regarding this at my blog. So if anyone's interested they can go there can find out more. ;) http://skipspepakuracostumes.blogspot.com/

Skupilkinson said:
Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. Yeah I'm waiting on a friend who's drawing me up some plans to model from. so the RC will be happening, I'm just not too sure when. I'll be trying the Hayabusa helmet before that anyway, so my next thread here should be Halo based. ;)

Just to mention it, I've been getting a fair few emails and PMs regarding me designing helmets for people. I've posted an entry regarding this at my blog. So if anyone's interested they can go there can find out more. ;) http://skipspepakuracostumes.blogspot.com/
That's a good idea, it weeds out the whining people who really don't need it, but just want it. From the people who are actually going to go somewhere with the file you worked hard on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back