Props Sliced Halo Reach Sniper Rifle W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddychan

Sliced Halo Reach Sniper - Files are released!!

Yeah! my first WIP outside of the noob forum!

Okay, because I hate closed shapes when working in pepakura, I went learned how to slice models and sliced L3X BLU3R1V3R's model of the reach sniper rifle, because I wanted it that badly.

---------------------------
**L3X BLU3R1V3R has given me permission to release these files!!**

NOTE: all slices are 1/8 inch thick

Reach_Sniper_Barrel_Support.pdo
Reach_Sniper_Clip.pdo
Reach_Sniper_Grip.pdo - **make sure pepakura is set to print alignment marks**
Reach_Sniper_Grip_(part 2).pdo
Reach_Sniper_Receiver.pdo - **make sure pepakura is set to print alignment marks**
Reach_Sniper_Muzzle.pdo **Needs to be re-done, I will release it when its fixed**
Reach_Sniper_Rifle_Shoulder_Rest.pdo - **make sure pepakura is set to print alignment marks** **The layout i s set to landscape, someone please let me know if it prints correctly**

Here is my progress so far:

Heres most of the receiver ready to be cut out:
IMG_0901-1.jpg

All the pieces I have sliced and built so far:
IMG_0906-1.jpg

Covering parts where bondo shouldn't go with foam tape:
IMG_0993.jpg

Starting to flesh out some of the parts with bondo:
IMG_0992.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Bro :D
this is looking great, If you finish this, I demand you to try the DMR!!! :p

well if I finish this, I'm hoping to get a Jun costume to go with it for the Reach release... I just wish I had some people on cape cod to help... very few people are into this to start with, nevermind on a tiny peninsula...

and isnt there already a sliced version of the DMR? Im not quite sure if there is, but maybe I could get my younger brother to make a DMR if there is one...

There is a sliced DMR and where did you get the file for the beauty!

Funny enough, I pulled up a picture of the DMR, the new AR, the pro pipe, and the shotgun... and my brother said he liked the look of the DMR the most, so it looks like I can get him to make it after all...

as for the file, I took L3X BLU3R1V3R's model that he made, and opened it in pepakura, exported it as a .obj, seperated parts out of it, and sliced the parts...

THEN, I built it...

I am good at sliced stuff i just need the files amd im ready to go.

well, if someone could get ahold of L3X BLU3R1V3R, and get his permission, then I could release what files Ive sliced so far...

I tried emailing him, but I haven't gotten a response yet...

I sent him a email asking if he will allow it.

thanks, although I would appreciate it if he could send me a pm also or something... or if he replied in this thread saying he would be fine with it...

nothing against you, I'd just feel better safe than sorry...

Sorry man he replied and i sent you a email sayign what he said.

no need to be sorry... Im just glad that its brought to his attention now, and that I shouldnt pester him untill sometime next monday... hopefully he will look at what I've built so far, and the models and be fine with it!

Oh, nice idea using pep like that to make a layered cardboard model. I really need to remember that for future use!

And then you bondo over the top? Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back