Slyfo's MC Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan 118

So i tried the main slyfo thread and i cant seem to get anyone to answer me so i was hoping this will maybe get me an answer being that i am a noob. I am using slyfo's "fixed" MC helmet pdo files and i have cut them all out to realize that the mountains are valleys and the valleys are mountains...unless i am mistaken. Does anyone know if these "fixed" files are fixed but you still have to pretend that the lines means the opposite of what they are in the file?

I really want to get started but i am confused and i dont want to fold my helmet inside out!

Honestly, it would be easiest just to write down a legend and just reverse the folding pattern. Would be easy enough, and would keep syfo from having to redo the models and upload them again.

i totally agree but i was hopin that someone can confirm that Slyfo's fixed MC pdo file is indeed wrong when it comes to the valleys and mountains. This is my first try at anything to do with pepakura so i just need someone to confirm and than i will go on just flippin the folds around.

I am looking at all these pieces and i can barely figure out what the pieces make up on the helmet so its hard for me to confirm the problem with the folds by eyeing it.

i say, just find a large peice with folds in it, get up a reference model. and see which way the folds should go. that will tell you what lines are which lines.

i never bother with valley and mountain folds. i just pull up a ref and fold them down or up.

slyfo did it so the nums will be inside!!! duh. just do it as he says keeping the nums and tabs inside. either that or write a legend and do it the easy way.

just go with writing down a legend. Just redo the folding pattern.

Its pretty easy, and it will save time from reloading the slyfo stuff ^^

I was the first to try his models and start making something out of them, I made a inside out torso peice then complained and let the world know, now he fixed them and I am making his helmet (which I edited, I'm screwed) and it is working just fine.

Durlaburban said:
slyfo did it so the nums will be inside!!! duh. just do it as he says keeping the nums and tabs inside. either that or write a legend and do it the easy way.

that makes sense because all the pics i have seen are people with numbers out...so basically i will have to make the helmet with numbers inside which wouldnt be too hard...now what do you mean about writing a legend? off the top of my head i was thinkin of transcribing the numbers on the opposite side once i have scored the edges

sorry for my dumbness but im not gettin what a legend would consist of when it comes to this

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
I was the first to try his models and start making something out of them, I made a inside out torso peice then complained and let the world know, now he fixed them and I am making his helmet (which I edited, I'm screwed) and it is working just fine.

it is working fine for you? i downloaded his files maybe less than a week ago and i got the MC helmet that seems to be not fixed. are you workin on the MC as well? are the fold correct?...there were so many sites to d/led them from that i feel that i might have d/led from a place that didnt have the most up to date ones...my MC file says fixed so i assume that would be the fixed MC helmet...which i should have...hmmm very confusing...

AoBfrost said:

You do know you can change this in Pepakura right?

It would take about 2 mins to fix. P.S. One of my pet peeves is when people reverse folding patterns before posting peps.

People. --- - --- - --- = Valley
--- --- --- --- = Mountain

Don't switch it around. :cautious:

right now, as of today, they are fixed, I tested them again and most folds are mountain, meaning numbers will be OUTSIDE, THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE OUTSIDE, it works, it's normal, print, fold, be happy.

quixand_prop said:
You do know you can change this in Pepakura right?

It would take about 2 mins to fix. P.S. One of my pet peeves is when people reverse folding patterns before posting peps.

People. --- - --- - --- = Valley
--- --- --- --- = Mountain

Don't switch it around. :cautious:

in my slyfo file the valleys are dotted and mountains are dot/dash. would it be possible to think valleys are mountains and mountains are valleys and have the numbers outside instead of inside? or would that screw something else up?

AoBfrost said:
right now, as of today, they are fixed, I tested them again and most folds are mountain, meaning numbers will be OUTSIDE, THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE OUTSIDE, it works, it's normal, print, fold, be happy.

im not happy i printed mine out and cutted them all out....dammit

I noticed the mixed up fold lines, but I marked them all with a V or M when I scribed the fold lines, just a little more ink on the outside, no biggie

Rocker said:
I noticed the mixed up fold lines, but I marked them all with a V or M when I scribed the fold lines, just a little more ink on the outside, no biggie

so are you sayin you just drew the lines onto the other side of the pieces and basically created the helment with the edge numbers etc facing inward? i was wondering why its not possible to just switch the lines and create the helmet the right side out? is it because the pieces wouldnt fit properly if you did that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back